Monday, November 7, 2011

Airport Bound...!


This is not going to be much of a post today, as I have to take Mom to the airport across town.

Actually, it isn't really across town...just 38 miles from my place. That's one way! Not really too far, but then I have to turn around and come back another 38 miles! Not a good way to spend the morning, especially since I'm going by way of the Toll road

Still, I'd rather pay the few dollars toll than have to fight the traffic all the way there and back, ya know?

The main reason Mom is going to the airport this morning, is that Baby Sis and my niece, along with yours truly, are paying for Mom's tickets to North Carolina to visit with my older Sis "B". It was a birthday present for Mom since we couldn't come up with anything else she wanted. She's been wanting to take a trip to North Carolina, so we figured this was as good a gift as anything else.

So it appears that I am going to be the official Cat sitter for the next two weeks. Actually, her cat Amy is pretty easy to care for. Clean her box once a day, feed her when she's hungry, and go let her outside when she wants out. Oh, I also have to turn on the television on for her at night so she won't be as lonely! Believe it or not, that seems to work pretty well!

When she goes out, she usually comes over to my place when she wants to go back inside Mom's. I swear that she can send me telepathic messages when she wants! Must be a cat thing, because my cat seems to do the same!

I'm sorta the house sitter, alternate pet keeper, repairman, and errand boy anyway...so this won't be anything new to me!

Anyway, I'll get back as soon as I can. Just help yourself to the coffee...OK?

9 comments:

Sixbears said...

Have a good trip. Nice gift for mom.

Ben in Texas said...

Yep!! You are a good son.
Be safe in the city traffic and report in when ya get back

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
Appreciate the thoughts this mornng!

Thanks for coming by !


Hey Ben...
Yeah, I don't like driving in traffic, especially rush hour, anymore! Even though I used to drive a cab, I stay away from heavy traffic when I can!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!

Momlady said...

Glad to hear Nanny's making the trip. J and K hope to get to NC next week to show her the new addition.

HermitJim said...

Hey Momlady...
I'm sure she would like that a lot! She does seem to like those babies!

It would be nice if you and Mom could meet up someday! I think you two would hit it off!

Thanks, my friend, for coming over today!

Dizzy-Dick said...

Be carefull out there. Even the Beltway 8 has heavy traffic in the morning. Hope you don't have to go during rush hour. I feel for you, but you are giving your Mom a great gift.

JoJo said...

Your Mom has some great kids and granddaughter too. I know she will have a wonderful time.
Be safe out on the road.

I sure am glad I packe up the outside stuff last night it is pouring down rain! No weather report told me this. I still have to dump the tanks.

HermitJim said...

Hey DD...
I must have gone at just the right time, as the traffic wasn't heavy at all!

I was back home by 9:30. Pretty good time, I think!

Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey JoJo...
Glad you got everything all packed before the rain! Good timing!

You be careful driving in the rain, sweetie! Don't want anything to happen to ya!

Thanks for the visit!

TROUBLEnTX said...

Of course, her cat can send u a telepathic message, she can also read ur mind. Had a lot of experience, seeing this happen over the years.