Saturday, December 10, 2011

Heck Of A Way To Go...!


It's always sad when folks decide to take their own life.

I'll never understand it, and I don't know what would ever drive someone to do it. That being said, if I were ever going to try and do it I would choose the quickest and most painless way to go. This does not fall into either in my way of thinking!

Suicide by piranha
By HARRY HAYDON
Published: 08 Dec 2011

A TEENAGER is believed to have committed "suicide by piranha" after leaping into a river infested with the flesh-eating fish.

Fisherman Oscar Barbosa, 18, bled to death after jumping out of his canoe.

He suffered dozens of bites to his throat and face on Bolivia's Yata River, local police chief Daniel Cayaya revealed.

He believed Oscar — from Rosario del Yata in the north east of the country — meant to kill himself.

Mr Cayaya said the teenager knew the river well and would have been aware that it is swarming with red piranhas at this time of year. He added that Oscar was thought to be drunk.

The 14-inch fish have razor sharp teeth and hunt in packs to strip their prey of flesh. They are known to devour large snakes and even jaguars in minutes.

Fatal attacks on humans are rare. But swimmers at a river beach in Brazil were attacked by hundreds of piranhas in September.

I'm afraid that with the holidays all but here, we will see more and more of folks taking this path. I hate to think that so many feel that this is the only way out, but every year it seems this happens.

Maybe an extra prayer or two is needed to help those who really need it the most, you know? Certainly couldn't hurt!

Coffee in the kitchen if that's alright. Sausage and biscuits are available if anyone's interested!

8 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Was going to comment on this one, but I guess you really can't force help on people that don't want to be helped. Sad, so sad. Pray for them.

Breakfast in the kitchen today sounds good - it's 26 outside -brrrr!

Dizzy-Dick said...

What a messy way to go. You said he was drunk, right? That always helps when deciding to commit suicide.

Ben in Texas said...

Hard to make a comment about that. BUT maybe in his condition it seemed like the answer . Wantta bet drugs or alcohol were involved?

Ham and eggs with biscuits here this morning. Coming by? I toss on another ham slice.

2 Tramps said...

Interesting that the bites were to his face and throat - those parts would generally be above water if you fell in and were splashing about panicked. Perhaps he lost something overboard and was diving for it? No matter the reason, very sad indeed. Having lost family to suicide, I have learned that you can ponder their reasoning to no avail...

Sausage and biscuits? Oh, HJ, how I wish I could join you this morning!

JO said...

Maybe he was showing off for his friends since he was drunk. Or maybe he did commit suicide. What a painful death.

Coffee with breakfast? You sure know how to spoil us. yummmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Even if he was drunk I doubt he would commit suicide that way, like someone else wrote perhaps he dropped something and tried to get it back? Being drunk usually helps coming to the conclusion that they are fast enough to do something like that before the pirahnas comes. To bad what ever the cause was!

Have a great day!
Christer.

HermitJim said...

Hey Pyllis...
That's way too cold for me! I'll take the 38 or so we have.

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Dizzy...
I don't think I could do it even drunk!

Not pain free, I would imagine!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Ben...
Being drunk can sure cloud your judgement! Too bad he didn't have someone to talk to!

You take care, buddy...and thanks for coming by today!


Hey Tramp...
Good to see you again!

I would much rather think he was looking for something than trying to kill himself!

I hate to see anyone take that road!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
Another one that we'll never know the answer to!

Spoiling you is my main goal, sweetie! Pull up a chair!

Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Christer...
It is indeed a very sad thing! Always is when someone is that troubled!

I sure appreciate the visit this morning!

TROUBLEnTX said...

12 years after the fact, i found out that the acne drug, acutane, was the major factor in my 16 yr old son's death. That's why i read every little word about new drugs, and mostly take old ones. 12 years!!