Friday, June 21, 2019

Built In Lie Detector...!

Here is a little something you might find interesting. Seems we all have a built in lie detector. I didn't know that, did you? Here is the thinking behind this idea.

If you feel like someone is lying, even if you have no logical reason to think so, they probably are. It turns out your gut is much better at detecting lies than your brain. Studies show you’re more successful at determining whether someone is lying when you jump on your first instinct, because having too much time to think about it can make you wrong more often.

Just thought you might find that interesting. Read more about this study here.

Coffee on the patio this morning!

8 comments:

Mamahen said...

I think mine must be broken.I'm not nearly as good at spotting a lie as my hubby Is....I"'ll see you on the patio, with some chocolate chip cookies to share:))

linda m said...

Very interesting. Yay, the sun is out. Thanks for the cookies Mamhen.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
At least you have a partner that can spot one, right? YEA!! Cookies!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Linda...
Glad you have some sun finally.
Thanks for coming over today!


Rob said...

Cookies! And my gut says that's the truth... I just have to find the right patio!

HermitJim said...

Hey Rob...
Hope you find the right one before all the cookies are gone.
Thanks for the visit today!

JO said...

That is interesting,sometimes it very easy to spot a lier.

Thanks for the cookies I love cookies, with coffee on the patio

Dizzy-Dick said...

I don't trust anybody except you and me and sometimes I wonder about you (grin). No, that ain't me, I usually trust everyone and believe what they say.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
First impressions are so important, I think. Cookies are always good!
Thanks for dropping by today, sweetie!

Hey Dizzy...
Pretty good, my friend.
Thanks for the visit this morning!