Monday, June 3, 2019

What Are These Spheres...?

That question has been asked by many folks a lot smarter than I, believe me. I'm not sure if we will ever know what they are. Here is the story from Listverse.

Purple Spheres of the Arizona Desert





Early this year, a woman named Geraldine Vargas and her husband were walking through the desert near their home in Tucson, Arizona, when they came across a phenomenon that, so far, has completely baffled scientists. They discovered a large patch of land covered in strange, purple spheres with no perceivable explanation for what they were or how they came to be.

They appear to be a jelly-like fungus, but botanists in Arizona have so far been completely stumped as to their cause or composition. The spheres ooze a liquid substance and some people have speculated that they must be of an extraterrestrial origin considering nothing like them has ever been seen in the area, and no one has the slightest clue how they came to be there in the first place.

Whatever these things are, they are very pretty to me.

Coffee out on the patio.

9 comments:

Mamahen said...

Once again, all I can say is WOW. I agree they are pretty, but troubling at the same time.Should make for stimulating conversation this morning. I am inclined to agree with the alien theory:))

Momlady said...

Weird, just weird. Would stay well away from them. Aliens....

Rob said...

Something new again? Alien eggs?

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Seems they have been appearing all over the world, not just here.
Thanks for coming over today!

Hey Momlady...
No worries about me getting close. Not gonna happen.
Thanks for stopping by today!

Hey Rob...
Man, you got me as to what they are. I haven't a clue.
Thanks for the visit today!

Sixbears said...

The world is full of mysteries. It also has coffee, and that makes it easier to deal with the mysteries. :)

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
Coffee is Nature's way of helping us cope with the complexities of everyday life...and the occasional mystery that shows up!
Thanks for coming over today!

JO said...

OK I live here and have never heard about this. Strange things happening maybe I just missed it on the news? I would go look if I knew where they were.

See you on the patio

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
Maybe they didn't want too many folks going to see it until they can figure out what it is.
Thanks, dear, for dropping by today!

Dizzy-Dick said...

The "Giant Purple People Eater" must have laid some eggs. Boy will we be in trouble when they all hatch out hungry.