Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Maybe Single Is Good...?

There are times when it becomes obvious that being single is a good thing! This may be one of those times...

To my darling husband,

Before you return from your business trip I just want to let you know about the small accident I had with the pickup truck when I turned into the driveway. Fortunately not too bad and I really didn't get hurt, so please don't worry too much about me.

I was coming home from Wal-Mart, and when I turned into the driveway I accidentally pushed down on the accelerator instead of the brake. The garage door is slightly bent but the pickup fortunately came to a halt when it bumped into your car.

I am really sorry, but I know with your kind-hearted personality you will forgive me. You know how much I love you and care for you my sweetheart.

I am enclosing a picture for you.I cannot wait to hold you in my arms again.

Your loving wife.

XXX






P.S. Your girlfriend called !!

Coffee anyone...?

18 comments:

The Scavenger said...

Man Hermit, that one hits too close to home. Been there, done that. Trust me, single is better. But man their sure worth a lot if ya got a good'n, cost a lot if ya don't. lol

Chris

HermitJim said...

Hey Chris...thanks for stopping by! I hear ya on that! Been there more than once myself...

Glad it wasn't my garage...or my girlfriend that called!!

Mayberry said...

I think Homer Simpson has the perfect quote for that picture: "D'OH!"
Single is muy bueno......

mmpaints said...

LOL, you guys are terrible! Besides, he got off lucky, if it were me, that picture would show random gunfire damage and a little accidental fire damage too ;)

HermitJim said...

Hey Mayberry...thanks for stopping by! Wonder how she managed to miss the motorcycle?

Have to admit, it's a pretty good parking job!


Hey MM...why do I get the feeling that the random gunfire might be more than just random? I'm glad I don't have the opportunity of mking you angry!

Hey, thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

haha, wow. Ya that would be a tough cookie to swallow.

HermitJim said...

Hy Kookster...think he got the message? I'll bet he sleeps with one eye opened!

Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Seems like an extended business trip to Vegas for a quicky divorce, and a restraining order.

HermitJim said...

Hey MyWay...glad to have you drop in! I'm glad to have ya here...

I love that van. Wish I had one...

Hey, don't be a stranger!!

Anonymous said...

PRETTY FUNNY - BUT MAYBE TRUE SOMETIMES.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mom...appreciate you dropping by! Sometimes a picture IS worth a thousand words....only hope that some of them were clean!

Stephanie in AR said...

Just who would you call to clean up that mess? And would you admit what really happened?

HermitJim said...

I guess it was just the work of the "neighborhood vandals" or the "drunk neighbors".

As for as the clean up...how about a Garage Sale?

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

All the destruction... but I can't help noticing you(r icon) standing red-shirted and ball-fisted in the garage!
HA!

Ryan said...

Seems like if life's little accidents get you down on someone then not being with them is the best alternative.

HermitJim said...

Amen on that, my brother! Amen on that!!

Thanks for coming by!

Noki said...

Hrm... Looks familiar. It reminds me of the time that... Well, never mind. Although that garage does look about like my mother's garage looks when nothing has happened to it.

Hugs,
Ashley

Anonymous said...

I found it was just better to pack up a leave. Easier on the heart and the pocket.
I love my life of freedom now.
JoJo
Ps getting closer to the now :)