Monday, January 12, 2009

Well Worth Watching Again...!

I found this video the other day while looking around...and I just wanted to share it.

Most of you have probably already seen it, but it's well worth watching again. For those that haven't seen it, keep in mind this was a speech made by Charlie Chaplin in the movie "The Great Dictator" released in 1940. It was considered very controversial at the time, but the message was then as it is now very important!




The text of the speech is available online and if you cannot understand the video, may I suggest you read the text? Very strong words...

Now let's go get some coffee, my friend !!

4 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow! I have never seen that before, that scene. Thanks, Hermit!
HM

HermitJim said...

Hey Patricia...thanks for stopping by today! It's a pretty strong speech, considering the time it was made. The U.S. was still not in the war and if you substituded Internet and T.V. for radio, it could very easily be applied today!

BTW, I am really enjoying your blog and all the useful information I'm finding there! Thanks...

Lydia said...

Hi Jim, Yes! very powerful speech - I have never seen it before either. Yes, it can easily be applied today. Thanks for finding this clip.

lydia

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...Glad to see you today! I'm glad you enjoyed the clip and if you want to see the movie...It's the "Great Dictator".

See ya later, my friend!