Friday, January 30, 2009

Please Pay Attention To This...



BORN AGAIN AMERICAN
By Keith Carradine

Just a workin’ man without a job
It got shipped off to China via Washington, D.C.
And I know I’m nothin’ special, there are plenty more like me
Just the same
I thought I knew the rules of the game
I stood up for this country that I love
I came back from the desert to a wife and kids to feed
I’m not sayin’ Uncle Sam should give me what I need
My offer stands
I’ll pull my weight you give me half a chance

I went up to a congressman and said to him “you know
Our government is letting people down”
He said he’d need a lot of help to buck the status-quo
I said there was a bunch of us around

I’m a Born Again American, conceived in Liberty
My Bible and the Bill of Rights, my creed’s equality
I’m a Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

My brother’s welding chassis at the plant
He’s earning what our granddad did in 1948
While CEOs count bonuses behind the castle gates
How can they see
When all they care about’s the do re mi

It’s getting where there’s nowhere left to turn
Not since the crash of twenty-nine have things been so unfair
So many of our citizens are living in despair
The time has come
To reaffirm that hope’s not just for some

The promise of America’s surrendering to greed
The rule is just look out for number one
But brace yourself ‘cause some of us have sown a different seed
A harvest of the spirit has begun

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible and The Bill Of Rights
My creed’s equality
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

It’s clear my country’s soul is on the line
She’s hungering for something that she lost along the way
The principle the framers called upon us to obey
That in this land
The people’s will must have the upper hand

I felt the calling once before and took a sacred vow
And faithful to that vow I have remained
I hear the calling once again, my country needs me now
And to her cause I have been re-ordained

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible and the Bill Of Rights, all people living free
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
A M E R I C A


Please!! Go to this website and check it out!! http://www.bornagainamerican.org/

11 comments:

Mamma Bear said...

Wonderful!...Go to their web site bornagainamerican.org You will enjoy the visit!

Catman said...

There you go again, being a right wing reactionary, Jim!

There needs to be more like you!

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamma Bear...I'm adding the link to the post. Hope all go and visit!

Hey Catman...and DAMNED PROUD of it!! Thanks again for coming by...

Have a good, blessed day!

TEAM HALL said...

Hey Jim, that was freakin' awesome!!!! You know I lived in Virginia for awhile and every time there was an event and they would march out those shiny Marines all flag-waving and singing...I'd cry like a baby! You Americans sure know how to do it up right! I think we (Canadians) could learn a little something from our neighbours!
Keep it coming...
Cath

HermitJim said...

Hey Cath...many of my net buddies are from Canada and some in the Yukon. I find that nearly all of us have one thing in common...love for our country!

I have a hurt in my heart when I think of some of the things done by the politicans of this once proud republic...but find faith in the fact that so many of my friends feel the same way!

We love our country, but mistrust the politicans running it!

Thanks for stopping by!

Ken said...

...good song!...too bad it takes so much effort to do right...it takes a song and so much misery before the sheeple open their eyes...

...guess what ?...its too late...

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...I'm afraid that you're right! I'm getting so tired of trying to convince folks that the beginning of the end is alredy here!

Oh well, we tried, we tried!

Thanks for coming by!

Sarah said...

Wow...very moving.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sarah...thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed the video...and you're right, it's pretty moving.

Thanks again for the visit!

Unknown said...

Having been probably the best military wife (certainly the proudest) for many years myself and now one of the strugglers (and I feel, the neglected, or ignored)I can truly feel the hurt! I am not asking for any handouts either but I do want my chance to work for what is rightfully mine.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Maybe there are more waking up than I realized, more saying "this is MY land"...