Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday Morning Sounds...!

All days have sounds all their own...

I've written about this before, but thought I would mention it again. I like Sundays, but I have to admit there is a quietness about this day that makes me both sad and peaceful at the same time. Guess it's just the rain...or maybe my age catching up to me.

You know, I like being alone for the most part. I mean, I don't have to answer to anyone, I don't have to impress anyone, I keep my own counsel and I make my own plans.

Sure, it would be nice sometimes to have a helpmate, I've tried that and it didn't work out. But that's alright...probably for the best, at least for now. In the coming storm, I may be better suited to being alone and able to change direction on the fly, so to speak. I don't want to put anyone in harm's way because of poor planning on my part.

Anyway, Jonny Cash said it better in this song...and the feelings that sometimes overtake me are expressed pretty well in his music. Give a listen, it's a hell of a song!



Now, what do you say to a fresh cup of coffee, my friend...?

11 comments:

Mayberry said...

Ol' Johnny had a way with words, didn't he. As you well know, I feel the exact same way 'bout music. Fine choice for a fine Sunday mornin' my friend! Pour me a cup, would ya please?

Catman said...

I'll bring the Irish Cream

HermitJim said...

Hey Mayberry...thanks for topping by ths morning Ain't it funny how some songs can bring different memories to the surface? This song is just one of the ones I like that seem to fit the day!

Coffee coming up!

Hey Catman...bring on that Irish Cream, my man! Now there's a feller that knows how to liven up a cup!

Thanks for stopping by, Catman!

Lydia said...

Good morning! I'll have some coffee please..a bit late ? Hmmm OK, I'll have some Irish cream then ;)
(love that stuff)

Yeah, Sundays can be like that. A day for reflection, a day for rest, a day to...?

Have a good one, whatever you decide it should be for you. :)

Lydia

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...so pleased to see ya today! How bout some Iris Cream IN your coffee? Works for me?

True, it's a good day for reflection and resting the mind a bit. Of course, if it's like mine and stays asleep most of the time that's not a problem!

Thanks for stopping by, my friend!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Cuts to the bone, them words, that video...
Better double The Cream in mine!

HermitJim said...

A double Irish coffee coming up !

Ken said...

..said it before,i do miss Johnny...evenin'Jim,now i know the reason...the 'why' of Sundays...

Preparedwarrior said...

I like my coffee with just a dab of cream, thank you.

Listen, don't give up on the idea finding a helpmate. It's the darndest thing, they have a habit of showing up when you least expect or want it to happen.

Going on three now for me. Happy, happy.

warrior

Sarah said...

Hi, I just wanted to mention how much I am enjoying catching up on some of your past posts...oh, and I am in love with your avatar, he has such character ;)

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...sure am glad you dropped by and I couldn't agree more about the "why" of Sunday. Of course that's just my opinion, so who knows?


Hey Warrior...I never give up, only put it on the back burner. Figure it will happen if it's supposed to...some day.

One coffee with a big dab of cream (Irish, of course)coming up!! Thanks for coming by!


Hey Sarah...I'm so glad that you are enjoying the past ramblings of the Hermit!

By the way, I appreciate you dropping by and taking the time to read a little. Don't be a stranger, OK?