Saturday, March 6, 2010

Love Can Make Ya Crazy...!


I'm sure that all of us at one time or another have seen someone we know do some really stupid things in the name of love!

If we were to admit it, then we might just own up to being one of those folks that lose all traces of common sense and acts all stupid...just because of the wild passion that takes control of us.

No telling how many crimes have been committed, how many silly and embarrassing acts have been performed, how much money has been stupidly thrown away just to impress...all in the name of love!

I've seen supposedly grown and intelligent men act like total idiots, women act like giggling young girls, and youngsters look and act like zombies...just because of love!

Maybe, though, it's isn't really love at all! Maybe it's just a primal instinct that we all have! Maybe it's the urge to mate and reproduce! In other4 words, maybe it's really just the urge for SEX!

But we, as humans, can take some little comfort in the fact that we are NOT alone in this affliction! It happens in the animal world almost more often than we know.

I'm sure that we have all seen the videos of mountain goat rams, banging heads on the side of a mountain, or of deer and elk clashing horns and hoofs in order to determine the baddest in the pack and first to choose the ladies, dogs and cats fighting for the same reason...in fact, all animals and all humans do some wild and crazy things during what we call the "mating season"!

This story from the Houston Chronicle will show you exactly what I'm talking about!

ASSOCIATED PRESS
March 4, 2010, 4:22PM


STONINGTON, Conn. — Wildlife experts said love could be in the air for a red-tailed hawk with a penchant for dive-bombing people in a Connecticut town.

The belligerent bird is probably trying to impress potential mates and protect its nest as it enters its mating season, they say — and woe to unsuspecting pedestrians in Stonington, a shoreline town bordering Rhode Island.

The hawk has attacked at least five people recently, including a woman who was cut on the head this week. It has also has snatched a boy's hat, snagged headphones from a man on a lawnmower and even attacked a car.

Stonington animal control officer Rae-Jean Davis and the director of a nearby nature center say there are no plans to kill the angry avian, but its nest may be moved to a less populated area.


After reading stories like this, I can see just another reason to be like a Hermit! I can also be very thankful that I'm old enough to be in control (mostly) of my senses to know when I'm acting like an idiot, and change directions!

One can only hope that if and when the time comes again, I'll behave properly! No guarantees here, just saying that I'll try...OK?

Now, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit outside at the patio table. Oh, and by the way, keep an eye on the birds on the power line...OK?

15 comments:

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One,
Now why would you want to act right. If it happens enjoy it all.
Lets sit on the patio and see if we can come up with one good reason for you to act sensible if your happy. But maybe we should get an umbrella to keep that bird out of our hair. LOL

Felinae said...

ah, yes, that's amore'

I agree with JoJo, why act right? enjoy it all, sensibilities be damned. Sometimes you just gotta lose control and go with the flow.

Now about that hawk, I will steer clear of him.

Have a good day
Hugs~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
You're right! I have never been one to act "normal"...at least by other people's version of what that is!

Been bitten by that old bug more times than I care to mention, but I always keep coming back for more!

At least, I will still give it a shot if it comes around again!

Thanks, Sweetie, for coming by today!


Hey Felinae...
Just gotta roll with it and go completely out of control to get by in life!

Besides, getting a little crazy now and again is more fun than being sensible...even for an old man!

Thanks for coming by today, girl!

Ken said...

...hell Jim,like the girls say,"why fight it"...throw back a grin and have fun Brother,some things just aint made to be figured out...

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...
You are probably right! The hawk is just trying to impress his girlfriend! Certainly can't blame him for that, I reckon!

Glad I'm old enough to be almost past all that foolishness!

Hey, thanks for coming by today, buddy!

Unknown said...

I admit to doing some stupid things in my twenties and even a couple of weeks ago (You think by now I would know better) in order to earn the affections of another. I am thinking that maybe it would be better to just drink some coffee and read a book instead (the book will come in handy as cover if attacked-LMAO!).

Very interesting to say the least :)

Momlady said...

Nothing personal Mr. Hermit, Sir, but after seeing some of the stupidity that happens in the name of love I sometimes think I'd rather be dive-bombed by a hawk. :)
I have a couple nesting somewhere near my pond and when I go down there the male flies over screaming his head off. He's tres cool.

Bob from Athens said...

Way I see it, the first thing we gotta do here is define "normal". Just because I'm doing something strange according to someone else's definition, does that mean I'm abnormal?

HermitJim said...

Hey K.D.Storm...
I'm thinking that a good book might be the best solution at that! If nothing else...it could offer some head protection in case of an emergency hawk attack!

Ya just never know what little tidbits you may pick up at the Hermit's house!

I really do appreciate you coming by today!


Hey Momlady...
Must be some good fishing in your pond! Having a hawk around is probably a good thing! Certainly can't hurt...and besides, it just looks cool!

You just have the coolest things at your place!

Thanks for coming by today!

HermitJim said...

Hey Bob...
I think I went way outside of what most folks call "normal" a long time ago!

More fun to be considered a little "strange" by everyone, and it does make most folks kinda leave you alone!

Funny how just grinning a lot can get everyone all nervous at times!

Thanks for coming by today, buddy!

Mechanic in Illinois said...

Sorry, I guess I'm normal and usually know what to do being married 32 years to the same woman and raising 2 kids, boy 26 and girl 25 to reasonable lives. I can relate to you Jim, but I still like the ladies above comments about what's the fun to acting right!

HermitJim said...

Hey Mechanic...
I guess that the secret is to act just normal enough to keep the white coats away...but be enough of "our version" of normal to still have fun!

Nice thing about being my age, is that I can blame so much of what I do to the age!

Thanks for coming by today!

Anonymous said...

I've banged my head more than once.
Finally learned...Not a chance.

See Ya

Kyddryn said...

I could say love made me crazy, but honestly? I was crazy anyway. Poor Someone...

Cute story, Mister Hermit, sir!

Shade and Sweetwater,
K

HermitJim said...

Hey Tony...
Spent a large part of my life bumping my head and trying too hard...now I just let things happen as they will!

I sure appreciate you coming by, buddy!


Hey K...
I think your kind of cray is the good kind! Glad that you two make each other happy...cause, in the long run, that's really all that matters!

Thank you so much for coming by today!