Saturday, January 5, 2013

People Are So Strange...!

If someone told you that you could buy a perfume that smelled like a funeral home, would you buy it? Better yet, why would anyone buy it?

When I first found this story, I thought it was made up. But then I went to the web site of the company that makes not only this outlandish scent, but others that are just as strange! Believe me, you might want to check this out!
 
Funeral Home Perfume





Demeter claims that they didn’t actually plan this particular name for their perfume. They claim that they were making a new fragrance; someone said that it smelled like a grandfather’s funeral, and that they should call it “Funeral Home”. According to Demeter, they loved the idea – and the rest was history. 


I’m not sure I really believe that a professional fragrance company would name its new perfume on a whim – but we can be sure that you would struggle to find a less attractive name for a fragrance. If you want everyone to think you are dead – or at least wish you were – then pick up a bottle of Funeral Home today

If you want to see some of the crazy perfumes folks have come up with, you can find a interesting list right here!  It blew me away, I'll tell ya!

Let's have our coffee in the kitchen this morning. Bread baking day...that's what you smell!


12 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

You have to remember that we are living in the days of zombie lovers.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
This old world gets a little bit more crazy every day!

Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!

Ken said...

...dang it, i was gonna say 'you know how folks love zombies these days'...lol, Gorges beat me to the punchline...

HermitJim said...

Hey Ken...
Like I said, buddy, it's a ever stranger world out there!

Good to see you again! Thanks
for dropping by today!

Sixbears said...

I know that smell well. A friend of mine lived in an apartment above a funeral home. It actually was a nice apartment and you got used to the slightly odd smell. Really.

Not that I'd be attracted to a perfume that smelled like that . . .

Unknown said...

Funeral homes do smell a lot like flower shops. So, I'm wondering if that is the aroma. If it is, maybe they should consider a name change. Unless of course the perfume smells like the embalming room, then.... well, I don't even want to think about that. I'd rather imagine the wonderful aroma of your bread baking!

commoncents said...

FOX NEWS continues to dominate the State Controlled Media - for the 11th Straight Year Fox is in #1 viewers !!!

http://commoncts.blogspot.com/2013/01/cable-news-tv-ratings-fox-news-11-state.html

linda m said...

I've been in too many funeral homes lately and so I know the smell very well. I can't imagine buying a perfume that smelled like that. I prefer something like Channel #5 or the scent of fresh baking bread. I'm on my way for coffee and fresh baked bread.

JO said...

I have never even heard of the company never mind a scent like that. I find nothing nice about the smell of a funeral home.
But bring on the smell of baking and I am all over that. :) On my way slept late this morning.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
Guess you could get used to the smell of anything if you really tried.

I'm with you about not being attracted to someone that would smell like this, I don't think!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Hermit Ladee...
Never smelled the scent and probably never will!

Now if they had some that smelled like baking bread...

Thanks for dropping by today!


Hey Linda...
I have to agree with that!

The name alone is enough to turn me off!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Jo...
Bread baking is certainly a more pleasant smell, or so I would think!

Thanks, sweetie, for the visit today!

Dizzy-Dick said...

I took the link to the perfume site, can't believe all of them.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Agree with the previous comments, HJ, that it's not a scent I would care to try out, whether alive or the alternative. Now fresh bread baking is a better choice.