Sunday, January 6, 2013

Rainy Sunday Cartoons...!

It's been raining for a couple of days now. Good opportunity to catch up on book reading or on conversation with friends.

Of course, it's always a good day for some 'toons, especially when going outside is pretty much out of the question! Don't you think?

Funny how something like a few old fashioned cartoons can brighten the day. Getting a dose of silly is good for you once in a while! Takes fewer muscles to smile than it does to frown...but you already knew that, right?



I can't help myself! I just love this guy, ya know?



Sure has come a long way since the cartoons of the 30's and 40's...don't you think?



I could do this all day long, but I have things to do, places to go, and people to see! Not really...but it sounded good, didn't it?

Coffee in the kitchen, my friends. Too wet to sit outside!

3 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Boy, there WERE different, Mr. Hermit! The detail on them was good, but I like the old ones better - plus the old ones were longer! Coffee in the kitchen is fine today, no rain, but damp with all the snow still on the ground. Let me borrow you stove - French toast for all!

JO said...

These were great I am so happy they started making new ones with the computer enhancemants they are still funny but like Phyllis said shorter.

Coffee in the kitchen is fine. The sun is shining here but it is still chilly.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
It's amazing what they can do now days!

The older ones have a certain charm that the new ones don't! Sort of like people, I guess!

Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Jo...
Yeah, the detail is pretty good! I think that the older ones were mostly hand drawn!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming over today!