Friday, April 6, 2018

Spiders For Freaky Friday...!

I don't know about you, but I don't like spiders very much. However, in this recently revealed set of facts, here is one that might be surprising to you.

Spiders are your friend. In a given year, humans consume 400 million tons of meat and fish, but spiders eat almost double that volume of meat in the form of bugs and tiny animals. If you imagine all the meat and fish you consumed this week and then picture that same space and weight being entirely occupied by insects, you’re seeing all bugs that could have been stalking you if spiders hadn’t already gotten rid of them.

I also read that spiders could eat every human on Earth in about a year. Now that is one scary fact I'm just going to ignore for now!

Coffee out on the patio this morning...OK?

4 comments:

Mamahen said...

WOW...that is just really scary. I'm not particularly afraid of spiders, on the other hand, I don't want one crawling on me either. Patio sounds good. Temps still pretty cool her, and they're talking about snow tonight or early Sat morning :(

linda m said...

I find spiders very helpful creatures as they do eat insects. If you have plants in the house spiders are fantastic to have around. Unfortunately my hubby doesn't like them so he kills them. Boo, Hoo. Have a great weekend.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
I just try and avoid them when I can. Not one of my favorite critters.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Linda...
Sorry, but I have to go along with the hubby on this one. Sure don't want them in my house!
Thanks for coming by today!

JO said...

Not crazy about spiders and don't care for them in my house, they can do what ever they want outside.

Patio it is nice morning.