Saturday, April 14, 2018

The Two Year Old Sandwich...!

Now I have eaten a lot of military type food in my life, and some of it isn't that bad. However, I have never run across any of these sandwiches. I would like to try one, just to say I did...ya know?

Battle Butties, The Sandwich That’s Fresh Two Years After You Buy It



Photo credit: US Army

The military has had a tradition of feeding personnel long-lasting, freeze-dried meals, but soldiers would always ask for the one thing they’d rather be eating: a simple fresh sandwich.

Scientists found two problems while trying to create a non-perishable sandwich. Bread goes stale, and the filling makes the bread soggy. Both problems may have been solved with the invention of “Battle Butties” a new, long-lasting sandwich that can sit for an astounding two years before going stale.

The creators say their ultimate goal is to create an immortal peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but in the meantime, soldiers have been generally positive about the fillings already on offer.

As once soldier put it, “They’re the best two-year-old sandwiches I’ve ever eaten.” We guess that’s as a good a review as they’re going to get.

Ya know, maybe a two year old PB&J would hit the spot. I reckon it would all depend on how hungry you were. I'd give it a try!

Coffee out on the patio this morning. Kinda cool, but that's alright.

6 comments:

JO said...

Well since I love P&J sandwiches I'd give it a try.

I'll wear my flannel shirt already wearing it cause it's chilly this morning

Rob said...

I believe it's Iceland that has a really old McDonalds Cheeseburger on display... I guess just because it doesn't rot doesn't mean it's good to eat...

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

I'll pb&j on almost anything, just as long as the bread isn't green. I'd try this one ...

Big Hugs ~

Dizzy-Dick said...

Maybe they just pretend that the sandwich has blue cheese on it. . .??

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
Don't know too many folks that don't like pb&j. Good flannel weather this morning.
Thanks for dropping by today, sweetie.


Hey Rob...
You got a point there, my friend.
Thanks for stopping by today!


Hey Sis...
Yeah, I would avoid that green bread myself, as well.
Thanks for coming over today!


Hey Dizzy...
That might do the trick...who knows?
Thanks for the visit today!

Mamahen said...

Not big on PB&J so I would have to be pretty hungry to try this.