Thursday, November 15, 2018

One More Use For Coffee...!

Most of us here like coffee. In fact, some of us could honestly say we love it! Well, believe it or not, I have found one more way to enjoy this wonderful beverage. from the folks over at Listverse, here's the scoop...

Wash Your Hair



Photo credit: bustle.com

Instead of drinking coffee, try throwing it on your hair during a shower. There are many advantages to washing your hair with coffee because it has a lower pH than water. The rough grounds exfoliate the scalp and stimulate hair follicles to help growth. Coffee is found in many shampoos now because of the benefits it provides.

The caffeine in the coffee is great for your hair, too. It helps stimulate the hair roots and may deter baldness and hair loss. The caffeine will block the effects of dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and enables hair shafts to grow faster.

It also has a way of making your hair shine more. You can use coffee to make a hair rinse to enhance hair color and texture, a hair mask to make it softer and shinier, and a hair oil to stimulate the roots of the hair

Maybe the reason I have such a full beard is because I drink a lot of coffee and my barber says I will never be bald. Who knows?

Coffee in the kitchen this morning.

8 comments:

Mamahen said...

Well, I guess I will have to consider doing this, since my hair is falling out buy the hand full every time I shower...Freezing rain here this a.m.The kitchen is just fine with me:))

linda m said...

Think I'll stick to drinking the coffee. I have a full head of hair, and I don't need anymore. Bitter cold here again.

Momlady said...

Think I'll just drink it.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Hope you don't go bald any time soon! Might be a little chilly.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Linda...
Certainly nothing wrong with sticking with the drinking part!
Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Sure sounds like a plan to me.
Many thanks for the visit this morning!

JO said...

I'll stick to drinking my coffee I have that cheap shower and it would stain like crazy.

Coffee in the cozy kitchen is perfect for these cold mornings I think at least the wind is gone.

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I agree that the kitchen is good for a day like this.
Thanks for dropping by this morning!

Dizzy-Dick said...

Both my hair and my beard reach down to my stomach. On these cool mornings, they help me keep warm. That is my excuse for not cutting.

HermitJim said...

Hey Dizzy...
I figured that you wanted to look like Santa, or maybe a rock star...ya know, like ZZ Top?
Thanks for stopping in today!