Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday Mystery...

I like Sundays...I don't know why. Sunday has always been a day to sort of kick back and take things easy, I guess. A time to reflect on things and seek answers in our minds to unexplained mysteries.

Now normally I like a good mystery. Some of my favorite books are mystery novels. But there are some mysteries that drive me nuts! For instance, why is it that everyone around me seem to have a suggestion as to what I should be doing each day? What is it about my keeping to myself that bothers friends and family so much?

Society has always seemed to be of the opinion that people who wanted to be alone must have something wrong with them. Why? Do people feel threatened by those of us that like being alone? Do we somehow pose some unknown danger? I just don't understand. My personal belief is that only people that like themselves will choose to be alone and, for the most part, I like myself. To me there is a difference in being alone, and in being lonely. I am not lonely, I like to be alone. End of story...

Now I appreciate the concerns and suggestions of all who feel that they can somehow make my life better or more enjoyable for me. I really do...but the truth is that I just want to be myself. I want to read, sit on the patio and watch the birds and squirrels, calmly stare off into space for hours on end and ponder the many wonders of the universe. I want to sit in a dark room and listen to the sound of the night, or to a song that I enjoy playing over and over again just to hear that certain part that touches me.

I don't want to be thought of as strange, dangerous, weird, or lonely. I only want to be able to quietly sit and enjoy my coffee....sometimes in the company of my good friends, ya know?

Like a refill...??

No comments: