Saturday, April 12, 2008

At Last...! The Weekend...!

Actually, everyday is the start of the weekend for me since I retired. But I try and help all my friends that still work for a living celebrate their temporary freedom if I can.

Now before we get into the fun stuff, there is something that I feel we need to discuss in earnest. Manners...! I'm talking about manners on the Internet of course, as I can't make any suggestions about your manners at home nor should I.

What are Manners? Manners are just good common sense! Why are your manners on the Internet ant of my business? Glad you asked !! Bad manners on the Internet are every one's business, especially if you are dealing with a home based business, blogging, writing an e-mail or conducting any form of communication with anyone else!

Maybe we should get back to the very basic unspoken rules of Internet use...and I do mean basic! The basic rules of Internet manners are the same in spirit as the rules of manners in the real world. Be polite...! Be respectful of others...! Be honest...! Be helpful if possible...! In short, behave...!

Remember that how you act on the Internet may be seen by a lot of people...as few as 2 or more or as many as a million! Your Internet presence is no less important as the one in the real world. In fact, it may be even more important!

Look, just avoid some basic blunders and everyone will be happier for it. Don't yell...(typing in all caps!) , don't disrespect or belittle people...(flaming!), don't harass people...(spamming!), and Please, Please, Please...don't forget to use the spell-check feature on everything you post!

Now...let's see how some of our programs are doing. 10DollarsWonder is still producing good results for me. A very steady program to say the least. Every one is just waiting to see how things work out when the move from E2EPay to our second account of 10DollarsWonder is complete.

TrafficEra is still my favorite site to surf for traffic, mainly due to the fact that I can visit with my Internet buddies on the Team Talk feature. That makes surfing for credits so much more enjoyable, thus increasing the amount of traffic I can earn. Two birds with one stone, ya know?

Don't forget to take a look at Blondie's blog...as well as John's blog and review site! Both can be seen by using the links on the left and both sites are well worth the visit!

Well, I've done enough preaching for today! Think I'll go and have some coffee...want to join me?


4 comments:

blondie said...

Nice post today Jim!
Did my problem get under your skin as well? hahaha Sounds like it.

Well I always try to treat others as I would like to be treated myself. I do lose my patience sometimes, not necessarily anger, just patience.

Wish everyone were as thoughtful as you (us:)

Cya over in TrafficEra.
blondie

Will Buckley said...

Great post! I wish everyone lived by the same rules.

I just read a response from an admin to my sponsor in a program and it was very disrespectful.

She handled it well and they admin changed his tune.

On my way to TrafficEra.

Will

js said...

That IS a good post Jim! Wish more folks would be aware of that and be more sensitive about it.

Something abut being in front of a screen and a keyboard allows them to be abusive and disrespectful.

So that's a good reminder.

js

HermitJim said...

Thanks Blondie, Will, and John...for dropping by and for the comments! I don't like to rant any more cause it throws me out of balance. Need to stay positive, ya know? Have a good evening, all!

Jim