Thursday, April 10, 2008

For Breakfast...Orange Marshmallow Pie !

Actually this recipe is geared toward those that may be less than experienced in the kitchen, or may be just short on time but want to make a really nice (albeit unusual ) dessert! This is another one from my Sister B...(I told ya my sisters were good cooks!)

Folks, good desserts just don't get much easier than this! Might even be good enough to get your mother-in law's approval...! (But I wouldn't count on THAT!)

1 cup orange juice
22 large marshmallows
1 cup whipped cream

In top of double boiler, melt together orange juice and marshmallows. Cool until thick and syrupy. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into an 8 inch graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with gram cracker crumbs mixed with with a little sugar and margarine; then chill until firm.
For a 9 inch pie shell, use 1 1/4 cups juice and 30 marshmallows.

Now tell me that with a cold glass of milk, or a fresh cup of coffee...this would be Great for breakfast! Speaking of coffee, let's go have some...OK?

4 comments:

blondie said...

You're so cute with all those recipes Jim :) I'll bet you ARE a good cook yourself!
Catch ya later,
blondie

HermitJim said...

I thank you for the visit and the kind comments, Blondie. If you could see my waistline, you would know that cooking and eating are 2 of my favorite hobbies!

see ya later
Jim

Anonymous said...

Yes, Blondie - he IS a good cook, and a good brother, too!

HermitJim said...

Sis...thanks for the kind comments and for being tactful enough NOT to agree about the size of my belt-line! (now where was I supposed to send the money?)
Thanks for dropping by, Sis

Jim