Tuesday, March 26, 2019

An Interesting Autobiography...!

If you enjoy reading as much as I do, you might find this book worthwhile. Here from the folks at Did You Know Facts, is the information about this novel.

‘A Void’ is a 300-page autobiographical novel written entirely without the letter ‘e.’ Author Georges Perec lost both parents during the Holocaust and spent his youth living under a fake identity, so the absence of such a familiar letter symbolizes his life and loss. The book has over 12 translations by authors who also wrote them without using the most common letter of their alphabets.

It must be hard for a writer to not use a certain letter in his writings, especially one like the letter E.

Coffee out on the patio again today. After the high of 84 yesterday, we are expecting only the high 70s today.

8 comments:

Momlady said...

Interesting but I think it would drive me crazy. Hoping for a warmer, drier day.

linda m said...

That would be a really tough assignment for me. Sunshine again today.

Rob said...

I counted th lttr "e" 43 tims in your blog today... hard to rad without using that lttr... I'm sur th author did it diffrntly in his book.

Coff on th patio for sur! I'm by Palm City FL today & it will b anothr nic day!

HermitJim said...

Hey Momlady...
I KNOW it would drive me crazy, but at least it would be a short drive!
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Linda...
I think it would be tough for most of us.
Thanks for coming by this morning!


Hwy Rob...
Well done , sir! Well done!
Thanks for the visit today!

JO said...

As I read the article and then Rob's comment I could help but think of the way people text today. It is mostly syllables, drives me crazy trying to figure out what they mean sometimes.

It was in the 80's here yesterday to and by bed time the house still hadn't cooled down enough for sleeping even though I had the ceiling fan running for a few hours, checked the thermastat and it was 81 in the house Had to turn on a/c. See you on the patio

Mamahen said...

Very interesting. It would have been a real challenge to write I'm sure...Patio sounds great..it rained all day yesterday here...today looks to be drier if not warmer:))

Hermit's Baby Sis said...

Most interesting, Bubba. I'll have to check that one out ...

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I know what you mean. Hard to understand their version of shorthand sometimes.
Thanks for dropping by today!


Hey Mamahen...
I'm sure that it wasn't easy.
Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Sis...
Let me know what you think about it...OK?
Thanks for coming over today!