Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Morning Madness...


Let's start this week off by not taking ourself too seriously. We'll do this by taking a little test...nothing hard but just designed to jumpstart the old brain, ok? ok...

WORLD'S EASIEST QUIZ

(Passing requires 4 correct answers)


1) How long did the Hundred Years' War last?

2) Which country makes Panama hats?

3) From which animal do we get cat gut?

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution?

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?

7) What was King George VI's first name?

8) What colour is a purple finch?

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?

10) What is the colour of the black box in a commercial airplane?



Remember, you need 4 correct answers to pass.

Check your answers below.



ANSWERS TO THE QUIZ

1) How long did the Hundred Years War last? 116 years

2) Which country makes Panama hats?
Ecuador

3) From which animal do we get catgut? Sheep and Horses

4) In which month do Russians celebrate the October Revolution? November

5) What is a camel's hair brush made of?
Squirrel fur

6) The Canary Islands in the Pacific are named after what animal?
Dogs

7) What was King George VI's first name?
Albert

8) What colour is a purple finch?
Crimson

9) Where are Chinese gooseberries from?
New Zealand

10) What is the colour of the black box in a commercial airplane? Orange (of course)


What?? What do you mean, you failed? Hey...don't worry about it, ok? Let's get some more fresh coffee.

Cartoon by Jeff Bucchino
http://www.wizardofdraws.com/

6 comments:

blondie said...

Well, I for one failed miserably.
Never claimed to be a rocket scientist. lol
Thanks Jim for the morning brain teaser.
Pour me another coffee, would ya?
Thanks!

HermitJim said...

Hey...girl! Thanks for dropping by!Don't tell anyone, but I failed badly when I first read it! But it was all in fun...right?

Coffee is on the way!
Jim

Cat Melton said...

Wow...I thought I was SO smart...how about zero?
I need more than another cup of coffee!

How 'ya doin' today, Jim? Hope all is great in your corner of the world.

Cat

HermitJim said...

Hey Cat...good of ya to drop by...glad you enjoyed the little quiz! I try to mix a little humor in with all the serious stuff sometimes...

Always glad to see ya drop by and comment!
Jim

Iago de Otto said...

Hermit Jim.

Now, okay, this is a pretty serious test, and I don't really get the humour, but that might be only because I couldn't figure out the answer to any of the questions because my brain began to hurt like it does whenever I'm trying to figure out something. But hey! I know the answer to #9, that one's easy --- they come from Chinese geese (中國鵝).

Iago in Taiwan
www.chaoschasm.ws

HermitJim said...

Iago...thanks for coming by and for the comments! Always glad to have a new visitor and I appreciate the comments. I hope you come back again...
See ya
Jim