Monday, September 8, 2008

I Think I've Got It Right...!

Now let me see if I've got this right. There are two candidates for the office of President of the United States. Each one of these candidates gets to choose someone as a running mate, who would be the Vice President of the United States if their team is elected. OK...so far, so good!

Now not being a political person, I thought I would at least see what I could find out for myself about the persons that would be in charge of the country if anything happened to the President. I just don't want to be totally ignorant about these things, you know? I'm not really a party voter, but I'm more interested in the person and what they stand for.

Let's take a look at the running mate of Barack Obama. The gentleman's name is Joe Biden, he is a 65 year old senator, who had and recovered from a brain aneurysm in 1988. He also ran for the 1988 Democratic presidential nomination but dropped out after charges of plagiarism in a stump speech.

Now consider the running mate of John McCain. Sarah Palin is a 44 year old mother of 5, the first woman governor of Alaska, is a self described "maverick" who has told the Federal Government "Thanks, but no thanks" to federal money that the state of Alaska felt they didn't need at this time. She has pushed for oil drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Preserve.

I guess that I'm slow... but if given the choice between an old guy who has already been associated with the appearance of wrong doing (even if he isn't guilty of doing anything wrong), may not be a good candidate health wise and is wise in the ways of Washington or the choice of a fairly young woman who just happens to be the governor of the biggest state in the country, who is apparently is in good health, and has had no experience in the ways of Washington, except to turn down the offer of government running of what should be state ran programs, and has a real dislike of "Good Old Boy" backroom politics...I'm afraid that I would have to choose the team with the lady!

Like I said, I'm not a political person. I just happen to be tired of politics as usual and feel that maybe it's a good idea to have someone under the age of 50 waiting in the wings just in case something happens to the President. Besides, anyone that can run a household, serve as governor, and take care of 4 children (one's in the military and is not in need of much watching over) at the same time... should be able to handle the office of Vice President without much trouble! That, of course, is just my opinion...for what it's worth!

Now...how about a nice cup of fresh coffee ?

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hit the nail on the head for me, Bubba. And I loved her comment about having "real responsibilities" as mayor. Has anybody asked Obama if he can continue to be a good father while being president? I don't think anyone would DARE ask Hilary if she could still be a good mother while holding the office. What kind of double standard is this?? Oh, well - long way to go yet, but my hopes are rising, along with the poll numbers....

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...glad to see ya this morning. The choice seems pretty plain to me...but what do I know?

I like McCain and I think he made a good choice for a running mate. Anyone that sues the fereral government for trying to put Polar bears on the endangered species when the population is actually growing, has my vote.

Thanks again for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Great minds and all that! Good to see you both today.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...glad you can see the same way that I do. Hope you are having a good day...is it cold there?

Why don't you come on down for the hurricane party? We may have one...depending on Ike!!

See ya...

Anonymous said...

Not cold but plesantly cool. I would love to join y'all but I can hardly move, I am so stiff and sore...don't know how I could maneuver an airport or abide two days in a car! Hate to think of y'all having another party without me, though.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...don't worry as this party is just a virtual party...not a real one. Just a little stab at humor! Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have said it better myself. The media will try to bring her down one way or another, but I have a feeling she can hold her own!

HermitJim said...

Hey Mom...I guess that the family agrees.So let's skip this election stuff...and put this team in office and see what happens.

Opps...can't do that till everyoner gets all the money they can out of the process. Silly me...

Thanks for dropping by...

Noki said...

Mostly, I would agree, but isn't the thing about drilling in a wildlife preserve a bad thing?

HermitJim said...

Hey Ashley....I would answer that question with another question. Who do you feel is more qualified to make the desion of whether or not drilling in a wldlife preserve is a good thing or a bad thing...people in the town of Washington, who have probably never been there...or the governor of the state where the preserve is located.

In my opinion, you have to leave the decisions like this to the home folks, ya know?

Thanks for stopping by...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,
Copied this from a friend's e-mail.
Just another point of view for everyone's consideration.
Subject: Dr. Jack Wheeler on Obama
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:03:53 +0000

( Jack Wheeler is a brilliant man who was the author of Reagan's strategy to break the back of the Soviet Union with the star wars race and expose their inner weakness. For years he wrote a weekly intelligence update that was extremely interesting and well structured and informed. He consults(ed) with several mega corporations on global trends and the future, etc. I think he is in semi-retirement now. He is a true patriot with a no-nonsense approach to everything. He is also a somewhat well known mountain climber and adventurer. )


Written by Dr. Jack Wheeler

The O-man, Barack Hussein Obama, is an eloquently tailored empty suit. No resume, no accomplishments, no experience, no original ideas, no understanding of how the economy works, no understanding of how the world works, no balls, nothing but abstract empty rhetoric devoid of real substance.

He has no real identity. He is h alf-white, which he rejects. The rest of him is mostly Arab, which he hides but is disclosed by his non-African Arabic surname and his Arabic first and middle names as a way to triply proclaim his Arabic parentage to people in Kenya . Only a small part of him is African Black from his Luo grandmother, which he pretends he is exclusively.

What he isn't, not a genetic drop of, is 'African-American,' the descendant of enslaved Africans brought to America chained in slave ships. He hasn't a single ancestor who was a slave. Instead, his Arab ancestors were slave owners. Slave-trading was the main Arab business in East Africa for centuries until the British ended it.

Let that sink in: Obama is not the descendant of slaves, he is the descendant of slave owners. Thus he makes the perfect Liberal Messiah.

It's something Hillary doesn't understand - how some complete neophyte came out of the blue and stole the Dem nomination from her. Obamamania is beyond politics and reason. It is a true religious cult, whose adherents reject Christianity yet still believe in Original Sin, transferring it from the evil of being human to the evil of being white.

Thus Obama has become the white liberals' Christ, offering absolution from the Sin of Being White. There is no reason or logic behind it, no faults or flaws of his can diminish it, no arguments Hillary could make of any kind can be effective against it. The absurdity of Hypocrisy Clothed In Human Flesh being their Savior is all the more cause for liberals to worship him: Credo quia absurdum, I believe it because it is absurd.

Thank heavens that the voting majority of Americans remain Christian and are in no desperate need of a phony savior. His candidacy is ridiculous and should not be taken seriously by any thinking American.

Regards,
danish

HermitJim said...

Hey Danish...thanks for the visit and for the information. I did not know all this and asppreciate you passing it on.

Thanks again

Jim

Anonymous said...

Very interesting information.
Thank you.

HermitJim said...

Hey Myrna...thanks for dropping by. I normally am not political, but this story was just too good to pass up. Glad you found it interesting.

Anonymous said...

Hermitjim - you were burning the midnight oil last night too.
Why does the morning light come so early ?? I was up by 7 am - and thought I would have missed you
but you are not quite here yet.
My time clock is getting out of whack - he he .
Have a good day !!