Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sometimes Simple Is Better...!

This is probably the best explaination of the human spirit that I have ever heard...

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all . One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: "Which wolf wins?"

The old Cherokee simply replied, "The one you feed."

Sometimes the simple explainations are the best! Let's all be careful of which "Wolf" we feed in our own selves...

Now, let's go get a fresh cup of coffee, my friend!

10 comments:

Lydia said...

Good morning Jim,

One of my absolute favorites because it is so true.

Have a good day
lydia

your picture of the cat and dog below crack me up. It is what our new (very tiny) puppy does (and is doing right now) to my older (very big) dog. The big one nearly makes faces like that too. What a wuss and the little one is an absolute bully.

Cat Melton said...

Very good, I like that analogy. 'Tis so true.

I think I shall feed my good wolf today...

And smile!

Cat

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...thanks for the visit.Animals are always good for a laugh or two, as well as being a lot of company. The young always seem to think they can beat up on the older...how that holds true, even with humans. Animals show a lot more restraint in dealing with the young than do people some times. Strange, huh?

Hey Cat...thanks for bringing your smile in today. I can always count on you to remind me to share a grin with folks...and for that I thank you.

Thanks, ladies, for stopping by! Have a good day!

Manu said...

Hello Jim...how you doing?
All i can do is repeat what's been said already...i like the analogy very much as well, it is amazing how easy things can be explained and the expression on that puppies face is priceless. The picture gave me a good laugh.

Have a great day,
Manu.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! Did you get your internet back yet? Your blogs are a true inspiration to me... I look forward to reading them every day. Have I told you lately that I love you?

HermitJim said...

Hey Manu...thanks for stopping by. You know me...start the day being deep and funny if I can!!


Hey B...good to see ya! Did your friend Donna come yet?

I bought a Broadband card that I can use on my laptop for when the power goes out or I lose the Internet. It picks up the Internet like a radio and I can still have access...it ain't cheap, but worth it to me, ya know?

Glad you enjoy the blog...and I love ya too!

See ya later...

blondie said...

You were right Jim.
This IS a good one today.
Fer sure something I need to remind myself of on occasion :)
Thanks for your help.
blondie :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...what a nice comment from my favorite Colorado Cupcake! Glad you like it!

What would my day be without my special friends??

I don't want to know...

js said...

That was great Jim, and to the point.

Thanks for sharing that with us.

js

HermitJim said...

Hey John...thanks for the visit and for the kind words. I appreciate it.

As always, it is my pleasure to share whatever I can...

Thanks again...