Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thanks For All The Good Wishes...

As you read this...it's Saturday morning and the hurricane should have hit already. I am writing this ahead of time because I'm not sure if I am going to be on the air today or not.

Power has been lost by over 10,000 people in Galveston already. Power here has flickered off a couple of times, but came back on rather quickly. I really don't have any idea what the situation may be for the rest of the weekend, but I will post an update here if I am able to get on the net.

My thanks go out to all my special friends that have sent encouraging words and best wishes in my direction. It's in times like this that you realise just how special people can be. I have received good wishes from a lot of different countries, and am amazed that so many folks have taken time out from their busy schedules to check up on the Hermit. It is appreciated more than you know.

Anyway, I just wanted to send out this little note to say "Thank you". Until I can get back on a regular schedule again...keep the coffee hot and keep smiling!

9 comments:

Cat Melton said...

I can't wait to read your smiling face, Jim...Be safe...God keep you.

Cat

Anonymous said...

I hope you and Mom don't lose power. I know what south Texas can be this time of year without air conditioning. I, too , am thankful for all of your friends for their good wishes. I hope you know how loved you are. Will be waiting to hear from you. Love you.

blondie said...

Jim, was surprised to see a note from you here then realized you had scheduled it for today.
I see a wider power outage in Houston now so, until we can connect again ... you take care, stay safe, and keep the coffee hot, lol
Hugs from blondie

Anonymous said...

Hermitjim - love your song today - and your words. Always thinking of your audience and that they enjoy to hear from you.
Stay safe !!

Anonymous said...

Monday am here and no comment yet so hope all is oretty good. I would imagine that you are busy enough without doing a blog too. So take care. !

Anonymous said...

I saw the devastation on TV and hope all is OK with you. I am an occasional reader of your blog, often coming here from the 9Planets or Blondie blogs.

Hope you have enough power to brew the coffee,

Niall.

Lydia said...

It's not the same without a cheerful start from you Jim. :(

Looking forward to seeing something from you real soon!

Maybe if one of your sisters reads this they can update us here with an all is well with Jim post?
lydia

HermitJim said...

Thanks to one and all for checking on me! I don't know what I would do with out my net friends!!

Thanks again!!

Cat Melton said...

You're Here!!! So very glad to see ya here. I had told blondie that I would be away til later today, and for her to give you a hug from me if she saw you here...But, YAYYY!!!I'm huggin' you myself!!!LOL
And here's one from blondie, too, 'cause she was gonna do it for me...

How are ya, Friend? Is there anything you need? Just let me know, if I can be of any assistance.

I've got to go and put a cake in the oven...I'll talk to ya later.

I'm all SMILES,
Cat