Monday, September 22, 2008

It Pays To Be Old...!

An elderly couple was celebrating their sixtieth anniversary. The couple had married as childhood sweethearts and had moved back to their old neighborhood after they retired. Holding hands they walked back to their old school. It was not locked, so they entered, and found the old desk they'd shared, where Andy had carved 'I love you, Sally.'

On their way back home, a bag of money fell out of an armored car, practically landing at their feet . Sally quickly picked it up, but not sure what to do with it, they took it home. There, she counted the money-- fifty-thousand dollars. Andy said, 'We've got to give it back.' Sally said, 'Finders keepers.' She put the money back in the bag and hid it in their attic.

The next day, two FBI men were canvassing the neighborhood looking for the money, and knocked on the door. 'Pardon me, but did either of you find a bag that fell out of an armored car yesterday?'


Sally said, 'No.' Andy said, 'She's lying. She hid it up in the attic.' Sally said, 'Don't believe him, he's getting senile.' The agents turned to Andy and began to question him.

One says: 'Tell us the story from the beginning' Andy said, 'Well, when Sally and I were walking home from school yesterday ... '

The first FBI guy turns to his partner and says, 'We're outta here.'

Just thought it would be nice to lighten things up a bit after tthis last week. I know I need it...! I also need the chance to start my day with a fresh cup of coffee with my friends! So c'mon...I'm buying!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bubba - Well, I'm back at work, early today since we still have no power and I came to try to do face and hair where there was juice! It's been 10 days for us now - no major damage for us, but remember Peg? I'll send you some pics of her house. And how about sending ME that cell #, too? I was going nuts trying to get to y'all right after the storm! My home phone is still, of course, not working, but my cell usually does! Love to all of you -

HermitJim said...

hey Sis...glad to see that you have a place to clean up a bit. Good thing for you that you are pretty enough not to need much in the way of makeup! ( That ought to be good for some cookies, huh?)

I'm sending you my cell # to your email addy right now. I hope you get power real soon...and if I can do anything, just let me know!

Love you...

Anonymous said...

I think y'all have too much fun without me! Just kidding. I have power but still can't make any progress with my face, make-up or not! Bubba, did you ever get the recipes? Mom says you don't have cable, just lap top. I have y'all in my hearts always. Love to both. Have to go get Donna's room ready...she will be here on the
2nd.

Manu said...

Good morning Jim...i have a cup with you today and thank you for the smiles this morning. It's like you never were gone ;o)
Welcome back...

Manu.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sis...never got the recipe!I had to buy a broadband card from Verizon to get back on the Air...a week without the Net was enough for me. That's how I stay in touch!

Did you get the cell # I sent??

Love ya...

HermitJim said...

Hey Manu...glad to see you this morning!! Sure did miss all you pretty ladies showing up fpr coffee in the AM...

Pretty friends make my day and you know what?? All my friends are BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!

Thanks again!

blondie said...

You're such a sweet guy Jim!

Thanks for the cute joke and for the nice hot cup of coffee :)

We're all glad you're back, that's for sure.

OK, back to my morning work.
C'ya in a bit,
blondie :))

HermitJim said...

Hey Blondie...my special Friend! Always a treat to see you on the patio with me...

I sure have missed these times with everyone! Almost makes me want to dance!!

Later, Girl...!

Cat Melton said...

Mornin'!!!

Loved the joke, and the fact that I could come here and find you this fine day...

Have a good one,
Cat

HermitJim said...

Hey Cat...glad to be here to be found! Good to see ya on this beautiful day!!

I'm always proud to have my friends drop by! BTW, do you have a recipe for a peanut butter cake? I sure would like one...

See ya...

Anonymous said...

Hermitjim - peanut butter is my fav - and I just eat it by the spoonful !! Fewer calories than with a cake !!
Have a good one.

HermitJim said...

Hey Myrna...I love anything peanut butter.Just like chocolate...I eat it every chance I get.

I could almost live off peanut butter, bread, crackers, and butter...all the non fattening foods, right?

Thanks for the visit...

Myrna's adventures said...

Hermitjim - yup !!! Works for me !!