Thursday, May 13, 2010

Bring Your Own Doggie Bag...!


I have to admit, this story sounded like someone was taking advantage of the city to stock up on what might be considered a necessary prep item!

The bags in the story could certainly come in handy in an emergency situation, but I don't think this is exactly the way I would go about it!

Minn. city stops providing free doggie bags
Associated Press
May 10, 2010, 10:15AM

EDINA, Minn. — Need to scoop up after your pooch in the affluent Minneapolis suburb of Edina? You'll now have to bring your own bag after the city stopped providing freebies.

Edina has been hit by thefts of city-provided dog poop bags, and also is looking to save money. So this year the city stopped providing the free bags at stations in Edina parks.

Director of Parks and Recreation John Keprios says park workers would fill dispensers in the morning and find them empty by noon.

Keprios says, "People walk up and take them until they're gone." He says it was "not just one isolated incident. It's everywhere and often."

It cost about $12,000 a year to keep the dispensers full at the eight parks with the stations.

You have to admit, the folks taking more than their fair share of the city-provided doggie bags certainly are showing some effort to stock up! Trouble is, just how many poop containers does one family need?

However, I do admire the fact that they intend to clean up after Fido...unless they have some other secret use for these bags! I know! It's for when the (dog)SH** HITS THE FAN...right?

Now, let's get some fresh coffee and sit outside for a bit. We can guess at the weather!

6 comments:

Caddie said...

Ha,ha,ha! From your title, I expected a post about a fantastic feed; you know: "May I have a Doggie Bag?"

Seems its a 'grand ole thieving world'. Stealing doggy bags! Well, I've heard it all now. Just can't place trust in everyone, can we? and I thought those fast disappearing seat protectors was a mystery; guess the thieves took them for a future need. Ahem...

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One,
It just goes to show you how greedy people are and just don't get it. But I bet they look at it as I pay for those bags out of my tax money so I am entitled to take as many as I want. So they spoil it for everyone else who is trying to keep it clean.
Now lets sit and have some nice fresh ground coffee and enjoy what ever the day brings our way.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sissy...
I did make it little misleading, didn't I? But you know, some folks will steal just about anything!

Like you said...must be for a future need!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
Always someone that wants to take more than their fair share!

I think it's a shame that someone would take advantage of things like that! Don't know why it surprises me, but it does!

Guess I just don't understand folks being so greedy, but I guess that's the way things are now days!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

FarmerGeek said...

Well, the question that comes to my mind happens to be "is this one of the cities where stores started charging a nickel or a dime for their plastic bags?" Because then i could easily see people swiping the free bags to use at the grocery store. That doesn't make it right, but it would be an explanation...

Unknown said...

Back to IKE Spring of 1953, incoming U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower authorized the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to organize a coup against the Mossadeq government with support from the British government. On 19 August 1953, Mossadeq was forced from office by the CIA conspiracy, involving the Shah and the Iranian military, and known by its codename, Operation Ajax.


Mossadeq was replaced by pro-Western general Fazlollah Zahedi, and the Shah, who had left the country briefly to await the outcome of the coup, returned to Iran. He abolished the democratic Constitution and assumed autocratic powers.This is why Iran don't like us.We meddled in Iran's internal affairs.I won't bring it up again (PROMISE) The discussion was on CRAP is the reason I brought it up

HermitJim said...

Hey Farmergeek...
Good to see you again! It's been a while!

I wasn't aware that some places were charging for bagging things up, but I can see that it would be n explanation for the taking of the bags!

Seems like it would be easier just to get one of the canvas totes and use that!

Hey, thanks for coming by today!


Hey CommonCents...
Thank you for the kind words...and for dropping by today!

I appreciate it!


Hey Ted...
Always a pleasure to see you.

Thanks for stopping in today!