Tuesday, May 4, 2010

An Old Farmer's Advice...!


My baby sis sent me this, and like the nice guy that I am...I wanted to pass it on to you!

There's a lot of wisdom in these simple sayings, and that's the truth!


An Old Farmer's Advice:


* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.

*Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.

*Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.

* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.

* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.

* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.

* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.

* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.

* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.

* You cannot unsay a cruel word.

* Every path has a few puddles.

* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.

* The best sermons are lived, not preached.

* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen anyway.

* Don't judge folks by their relatives.

* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.

* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.

* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none.

* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.

* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.

* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.

* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'.

* Always drink upstream from the herd.

* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.

* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin' it back in.

* If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.

* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly...! Leave the rest to God!

Now, I don't know about you, but all this makes a lot of sense to me! But then, I have always understood simple ideas, presented in simple language. Guess that makes me a simple guy...but then, that's all I ever professed to be!

C'mon, my friends, let's get some coffee and sit outside for a bit! Headed to the 90's again today!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds damn fine to me, the rules and the coffee, just makin' mine now.

AV

Anonymous said...

Morning Jim;
That list has been around for a long time. To bad most people don't follow it.
Coffee is good this morning.

See Ya

Ben in Texas said...

I add one thought to all that wise advice,
"If you can do something about what ever is worrying you , do it!
If you can't, don't worry about it!"

Dizzy-Dick said...

Thanks to Ole Ben, I now try to keep up with your blog, also. I enjoy it. Keep up the good work.

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One,
These are great. I like the last one the best. But enjoyed them all. Thank you HJ's sis
I will bring some fresh ground coffee to the patio. What have you been baking my friend?

vlad said...

I have rarely read so much good advice.
There are some things that I cannot forgive or forget.
You don't have even one stout old grudge that warms the belly? If so, you and Pollyanna are the only ones who do not know even one SOB who is mean as a snake who needs killing.

Momlady said...

I'm printing it out so I can keep it handy. Good stuff, good coffee. What a great day!

HermitJim said...

Hey AV...
Glad to have you join in the coffee circle this beautiful day!

I appreciate you coming by this morning...!


Hey Tony...
Yep, been around for a while, and like us...most folks just don't pay us any attention!

Shame most don't follow the list, like you said!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!


Hey Ben...
I sure do agree with that one! Got enough to worry about without hanging on to the ones we can't help!

My friend...I do appreciate you coming by this morning!


Hey Dick...
That ole' Ben is a character, isn't he? Good to have you dropping by for coffee and I do appreciate the visit!


Hey JoJo...
Boy, it's good to see you this morning for sure! Makes my day complete!

Glad you liked the post, sweetie...and glad to have you with us on the patio!


Hey Vlad...
I'm certainly glad to know you enjoyed the sayings, and glad you could come by this beautiful day!

My friend, thanks so much for coming by!


Hey Momlady...
I'm happy to furnish something you can save!

Like most advice, some of it will register with folks, and some never will! People are funny like that!

Hey, glad to see you this great day! Thanks for the visit!

JoJo said...

Hi agian, I just realized my comment didn't go thru yestersay, almost didn't go today either. I loved yesterdays post too.
I will make sure I look for the yellow boarder that says your comment will be read.Don't want you to think I'm not loving your posts.
Have a wonderful day.

Caddie said...

Each one very good advice to follow. Thanks for sharing, Hermit. No thanks on the coffee. I'm going in to the tea room at this time. Already drank my big pot of coffee today...sorta floating!

HermitJim said...

Hey issy...
I just never could get used to having hot tea! Like it sweet and cold, though!

Hope you are staying dry up there in your neck of the woods! Lots of rain...!

Thanks so much for coming by today!

Caddie said...

Iced is of which I speak. Oh, yeah! Nothing like a cool sip or gulp. No rain here only a blue sky. The chemtrails aren't being swathed over me today.

Anonymous said...

Some days you eat the bear. Some days the bear eats you.

Mountain rifleman

HermitJim said...

Hey Rifleman...
Boy, ain't that the truth! Lately I get the feeling that the bear may be gaining on me!

Hey, thanks for coming by today, my friend!

MamaHen said...

Those are great!! and very true.

HermitJim said...

Hey ER...
I sure do appreciate you dropping by today! Thanks...!