Sunday, May 9, 2010

It Can't Be Said Enough...!


How could we possibly, in just one day, expect to properly thank the defining force in our lives.

Mothers have nearly always been a source of strength for many of us. There is just no way to ever mention how many ways they have had a positive effect on our lives...hosting the many parties, making the costumes for Halloween, serving as a keeper of secrets, as someone to share our sorrows and help celebrate our successes.

Mothers pass on to next generations the well guarded family recipes, the little known short cuts in preparation, the humorous stories not well known by others about their younger years, and gentle suggestions on ways to avoid the same traps and pitfalls they themselves experienced.

Mothers always believe in us, in spite of what we think. They never want anything but the best for us, never lose faith in us, ask for nothing in return for the most part except to silently hope not to be forgotten.

For these reasons and many more I didn't mention...I want to take this opportunity to wish all of the Mothers, the future Mothers, the grandmothers,even the wanna-be mothers a very happy Mother's Day!

I hope we can always be thankful for what they do, and that we remember to tell them so! Treat them with respect, think of them fondly, and love them with the same steadfastness that they do us.

Happy Mothers Day!!

Now, let's get some coffee and sit on the patio for a bit! Nice and cool outside this morning!

8 comments:

Felinae said...

Thank you, Uncle Hermit, for the wonderful wishes this fine day.

Please pass along my wishes for Mama Hermit to have a Happy Mother's Day, she deserves it, because she raised a really fine son. :)

Hugs to you and Mama Hermit
~Felinae~

HermitJim said...

Hey Felinae...
Thanks for the kind words this morning, my friend! Very pretty thoughts from a pretty lady...and a Mother!

Thank you so much for the visit...and Happy Mothers Day!

The cottage by the Cranelake said...

We don´t have mothers day over here yet, we have it in the end of this month instead.
But I wish all mothers out there a Happy Mothersday anyway :-)
Take care now!
Christer.

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
I'm sure that the Mothers here appreciate the good wishes...as I apprecite you coming by! Thanks!

JoJo said...

Good Morning My Special One,
Thank you for the kind words. And of course pass on a happy mothers day hug to your mom from me. Yes she raised a fine son.
Coffee on the patio for sure it is a beautiful morning.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
Good morning to you! I'll pass on the wishes to Mom...I know she will appreciate it!

Thank you so much for coming by today, sweetie!

Mechanic in Illinois said...

I lost my mother in 1985 and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her. The worst part is she didn't get to see my kids grow up. The only good part is my motherinlaw is still going,91, so my kids at least have one grandmother. Thanks for another great lesson.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mechanic...
Very important I think, to have t least one grand parent to pass on some of the old ways and stories!

I believe it educates the kids in the preservation of heritage, of traditions, and of family unity!

unity of family and the caring for our elders is a part of history that is fading away so quickly...and needs to be re-established!

Hey, thanks for coming by today!