Monday, December 28, 2015

Gotta Love A Mystery,,,!

Gruesome or not, you have to love the mystery. The old questions of who, what, when, where and why!

The Murder Of James Gilmore Jr.

James Gilmore Jr., nicknamed “Jimmy,” was a tough, 14-year-old boy from Baldwin Park who bullied other children and ran around with a teenage motorcycle gang. His parents were separated, and the family was well-known by the local police. The neighbors considered Jimmy a nuisance, and even his own mother and siblings didn’t particularly like him.

While home alone on the night of January 7, 1962, Jimmy and his younger brother, Wayne, heard a knock on the back door while they were watching TV. Jimmy told Wayne that he was going outside and would be back in a little while.

When Jimmy hadn’t returned after three days, his mother reported him missing to the police. She told them that her son was “vicious” and had probably run off with some friends. Although Jimmy’s father expressed skepticism about the story, suggesting that his son might not have left the house, authorities never considered the family to be involved in Jimmy’s disappearance.

In March 1985, more than a decade after the Gilmores moved out of the house where Jimmy had lived, a worker helping to renovate the home found Jimmy’s skeleton buried beneath the building in a shallow grave. Even though Jimmy’s remains had been lying under the house for more than two decades, neither the Gilmores nor the man who lived in the house after them had ever reported smelling anything.

The police gave lie detector tests to Jimmy’s brother and parents, but all three family members passed. As of late 2015, no one has been arrested for Jimmy’s murder, and most of the people connected to the case are no longer alive.

Strange little mystery, isn't it? Strange and mysterious!

Coffee out on the chilly patio this morning!


Chickenmom said...

That's a good one! You always make me look for more, Mr. Hermit!

Dizzy-Dick said...

Dang, buried under his own house!! Well, at least then he stayed home and out of trouble. . .

Sixbears said...

Sounds like no one much cared what happened to him -and the police didn't look too hard either.

I've been having free coffee at the marina with the other boaters. Nice.

JO said...

Now that is creepy and a real mystery. He must have been one bad kid if nobody cared that much . Can't believe there wasn't any smell.