Thursday, August 16, 2018

The Car Thief Was A Bear...!

This article from Listverse almost reads like a cartoon...like Yogi Bear!

The Bear Who Stole A Car, Crashed It, And Relieved Itself



Photo credit: BBC

Bears have been known to steal food from homes, terrorize towns, and even break in on some occasions. But this story most likely takes the cake.

A family in Colorado woke up at 5:00 AM to find out that a bear had entered their car during the night. While looking for food, the animal got stuck, accidentally released the gear, and crashed the car into their neighbor’s mailbox. Additionally, before leaving, the bear left a thoughtful gift in the form of its own poop.

Thankfully, no one was hurt. However, the car was damaged, leaving the back window completely shattered and its radio and steering wheel practically torn out. The family was certainly extremely surprised by what had happened but mostly took it in good humor.

Nevertheless, the car was crashed and the mailbox practically destroyed. Therefore, the bear had committed damage of property and car theft.

I sure hope these folks had some good insurance! The car appears to me to be totaled, but I'm certainly not an expert on bear damage.

Coffee out on the patio while it's still cool enough.

10 comments:

HermitJim said...


linda m said...

Guess that bear wanted to take a ride and got mad when he couldn't start the car. Haha That would make a great commercial for Farmer's Insurance as they always have the weirdest claims (or so they say).

Momlady said...

Not funny but.......funny. Wonder what was left in the car to make the bear want to get in.

HermitJim said...

Hey Linda...
I was thinking the same thing.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Doesn't take a lot, from what I understand.
Thanks for coming over today!

Rob said...

I'm sure you've heard the old question "does a bear poop in the woods"?
Evidently, not always... :-)

HermitJim said...

Hey Rob...
I wish I had thought of that! Made me laugh for sure!
Thanks for the visit this morning!

JO said...

They say the smallest amount of food smells will cause bears to do this and if food in the wild is scarce they will go for anything. Feel bad for them I wonder if the ins. called this car total loss.

I'm up for some patio time

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
I don't know if they called it totaled or not, but they should have, in my opinion.
Thanks sweetie, for dropping by this morning!

Mamahen said...

Wow...That's funny in a sad sort of way. Rob's comment made me lol...Save me a sest, I'm on my way:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
It is sad and funny, for sure! Like I told Rob, I wish I had thought of that for a title.
Thanks for coming over today!