Wednesday, January 4, 2012

And Now For Something Different...!


I wanted to put something really nice on here today.

I have never seen these before, but if I had seen one I'm not sure if I would have eaten one! Just goes to show that even though Mother Nature can be a hard lady when she wants to...she also can package some very beautiful snacks!

Bear's Head Tooth Mushroom



Though they appear to be dangling worms, this is actually an enormous, edible white mushroom. They can also grow branches and are said to be helpful in fighting cancer, stimulating nerve growth, and helping kill roundworms.


At least if you or I are ever lost in the woods and run across something that looks like this...then supper is served! You can have the first bite, OK?

Coffee in the warm kitchen this morning. It's a little chilly outside, so I'm for staying in!

8 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

That IS different!

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

I love mushrooms, buit I think I'll pass on that one!

Chilly???? It's 4 degrees
outside ....Brrrrrr!

Ben in Texas said...

I'm not knowledgeable enough to risk harvesting wild mushrooms. Think I'll pass , but it is pretty..

linda m said...

Very pretty mushrooms. I think I still prefer buying my mushrooms versus picking them. Don't trust myself.

JO said...

Now those sure are some pretty mushrooms. I wouldn't mind having one just for looking at.
Coffee in the kitchen sounds good right now.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Different is definitely the word for it!

Hey, thanks for coming by this morning!


Hey Phyllis...
4 degrees??? Damn, girl! You need to move to Texas or somewhere!

That's just way too cold! Bet some extra socks are called for!

Thanks for the visit, my chilly friend!


Hey Ben...
I am right there with you on that one! I'd rather look at it than eat it!

Still, like you say...it does look nice!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!


Hey Linda...
I feel about the same!

Try as I may, I just can't see this on my table!

Thanks so much for the visit this morning!


Hey JoJo...
Sounds like a good idea to me.

What a conversation piece it would be!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

TROUBLEnTX said...

Gorgeous! Wish i had one to look at, too. Where are these found? Not around here, for sure.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.
the close up picture reminds me of Chinese paintings.
Annie Mouse