Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday Stories Of Treasure...!

First of all, our very first story of treasure is a visit from my Baby Sis yesterday!

When ever Sis comes over, I find treasure in sharing memories, swapping childhood stories, and browsing through old pictures as well. Mom is never happier than when she gets an extended visit from one of her daughters, I think.

Come to think of it, I get a real kick out of it myself! Sometimes the simple things become the biggest treasures, don't you think?

The next treasure? A story about a single penny! Now this penny is not your everyday variety of penny...no sir! This one cent piece is worth just a tad more.

1793 penny fetches $1.38M at Fla. auction




James Halperin of Texas-based Heritage Auctions told The Associated Press on Saturday that the sale was "the most a United States copper coin has ever sold for at auction." The Orlando Sentinel reports (http://thesent.nl/xZBfyw ) that the final bid by an unknown buyer for the coin was one of the largest sales at the Florida United Numismatists coin show and annual convention.

Now for the biggest and best treasure of all! I noticed this morning that we now have a grand total of 300 followers! That's amazing to me! 300 new friends, even though many have been with me since I first started my babbling here on this blog!

I never thought when I started this blog on 11/17/07 that I would have posted a total of 1528 post, or that I would have had a total number of page views of 199,054! Most importantly, I am just so thrilled about having a total of 300 folks that took the time to sign up as a friend!

All of the people that take the time out of their lives to drop by for a visit and to share a cup everyday...that's the true treasure this Sunday! That's a treasure that is worth so much more than money!

I do appreciate the visits more than I could ever say, believe me! It's truly a humbling experience to me and to say THANK YOU seems so little in return! Still, I do thank you and I mean that, my friends, more than you could know!

Now, let's get some fresh coffee and sit out on the patio! The new coffee pot works just fine!

19 comments:

The Griper said...

with that many persons you must have a pretty large patio and quite a few coffee pots to serve them all. bet the coffee bill is quite large too. :)

HermitJim said...

Hey Griper...
Lucky for me they don't all show up at the same time! You know they just kinda trickle in, a few here and a few there!

Always glad to have you drop by, my friend!

Gorges Smythe said...

Congratulations! (It's probably the coffee that did it.)

Rob said...

Did you see the story about the idiot who put a coin collection through a Coinstar machine?? See my blog for the link.

I too linked about auction.

Great coffee brings in good folks for good times.

Na Na said...

I have enjoyed having coffee with you every morning for ever so long, just have never left a comment,

Anonymous said...

Hay Hermiit : I visit every day first thing every morning.. Larry in Tenn..

Momlady said...

You are a joy in the morning.

Sixbears said...

Always good to have a coffee with the Hermit. Today I'm having mine in sunny FL, a welcome change from the frozen north. I did bring my coffee roaster with me, as my wife and I are spoiled.

A penny saved is over a million dollars earned-if it's the right penny.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I feel privileged to be one of your followers and I feel like we are friends. Thank you for sharing you life and all those great stories with us, and congratulations on the mile post you have reached.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a follower,but you are on my blog list and I'm a daily reader.aw,heck, while I'm here might as well"follow" you.:)

JO said...

WOW! That is great to have so many followers and you posted a heck of a lot of good stuff too. I love meeting up with you in the morning and having a cup or 2.
Keep up the good work and soon you will reach another 100 followers.
Glad the new coffee maker is working well.

Anonymous said...

We appreciate the time and effort you put out to keep us entertained and informed, you have a lot of friends via this here internet thingy. 8^)

Ben in Texas said...

Shoot, think you were one of the first blogs I started following , and are still my first blog check.
One of these days I promise I will show up for that cuppa on the patio.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
Ya know, you may just be right!

Guess that's sort of bribing folks, ya think?

I appreciate you coming over this morning!


Hey Rob...
Bad enough when something like that happens by accident, but to do it on purpose!OUCH!

Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Na Na...
Well, I'm glad you could comment and let me say "howdy" to ya!

No reason to be shy...most of us won't bite!

I sure do thank you for dropping by today!


Hey Larry...
Well, I'm sure glad you would take the time to come by and share a cup!

I've been thinking of getting some land in Tennessee! Never been there, but it sure looks pretty in all the pictures!

Glad to see you this morning!


Hey Momlady...
It's always a joy when you drop by!

I do hope you are fairing well now that the holidays are over!

How's the crafting going? Good, I hope!

I sure do thank you for the visit, my friend!


Hey Sixbears...
I do hope you get in a lot of sail time while you're there!

Smart man to bring the coffee roaster! Now, if you can get a good price on the beans!

Have a great visit with your Dad, and thanks for the visit!


Hey Dizzy...
Probably one of my closest visitors as well! Just right down the road a piece!

I sure do thank you for the kind words and for being here so regular!

Thanks also for your visit today!


Hey Wolfdancer...
So good to see you again! Nice to know you could come back for a cup!

I'm proud to have you on the friends list, even though you have been coming by for a while!

You have a great day, and thanks so much for the visit today!


Hey JoJo...
It is pretty cool, isn't it?

I always know you will drop by if you can, sweetie! Always makes me smile when you do!

Almost time to hit the road, isn't it?

Say hello to ol' Fred for me and thanks so much for coming by!


Hey Anon 9:03...
I always attempt to put something on folks will enjoy! Glad you have been enjoying it.

I do appreciate you coming over this morning despite the fog!

Thanks so much!


Hey Ben...
I sorta think of you as a partner in crime, so to speak!

It would be nice to have you drop by one of these days...we could get ol' Dizzy to meet us and we could all swap lies!

Hope you get the cameras all finished up today!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!

linda m said...

This story sure brings new meaning to "a penny saved is a penny earned". I love your blog and feel lucky to be a follower.Enjoy the coffee on the patio even if it is my own patio. Glad your new coffee pot is working out for you.

HermitJim said...

Hey Linda...
You know that I always enjoy having you come by!

Somehow, I think our patios are all tied together!

Thanks so much for coming by today!

chinasyndrome said...

Quite a penny! 1st stop in the mornings if I am not running late!The 300 huum sounds like a movie title?

China
III

HermitJim said...

Hey China...
My friend, I'm always glad to have you drop by!

It is indeed a penny worth saving! Can't believe the price it sold for.

Hey, thanks for the visit today!

Baby Sis said...

Bubba -

What a sweetie you are, and all your followers know it! And thanks to all of them for the Happy Birthday wishes - wish you all could see the lovely pendant my big brudder gave me! Sad to say, I'm not a "follower" yet, as I check at the office and that portion is blocked, but I'll certainly become one now theat the informed one (BB) has shown me home - just have to check again from home.

Next time, Bubba, a longer visit and more cookies, ok?

Big hugs -