Friday, January 6, 2012

Can't Escape Father Time...!

This date is important to me for more reasons than one.

First of all, today is my Baby Sis's Birthday! Since I'm almost a gentleman, I won't reveal her age! I will say, though, that I call her "baby Sis" for a reason...she was the youngest of four children born to my Mom and Dad! I was the first born, the only boy, and the "leader of the pack" so to speak!

Over the years, I've lost just one sister who passed on due to cancer! I feel very blessed to still have my other two sisters here to share memories with and to back me up with advice when needed. I do miss my sister Sue, the one that passed, but life goes on and the memories of our family with her in our midst are very fond ones still!

I did find this picture of my sisters and Mom I thought I'd share with you! It's from several years ago, so keep that in mind! I'm actually prettier now than I was then! (You believe that, right?)


Now, I didn't get my sisters permission to post this, so don't tell them...OK? That's Baby Sis on the left, Mom next to her, yours truly next to Mom, and "B", oldest of the sisters, on the right!

I might mention that both my sisters AND MY MOM are all much prettier now! You can quote me on that, OK?

Coffee outside on the patio this morning! Fresh made peanut clusters for everyone that says "Happy Birthday" to Baby Sis!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day ma'am, your brother is a stand up guy, that is one great blessing right off the bat, we all don't have that. Hope your day is very peaceful.

chinasyndrome said...

Happy B-day to Baby Sis!

China
III

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

My, what a lovely family!
Happy birthday to your sister!
Peanut clusters - mmm mmm good!

Momlady said...

Happy Birth day to baby sis...I'll have to pass on the peanut clusters.

Ben in Texas said...

Happy Birthday Baby Sis...25?........... Again? :-)

Dizzy-Dick said...

Add my brithday wishes to the list. Nice looking family you got there and of course you are the most handsome brother of all your sisters' brothers, right?

JO said...

Happy Birthday to your baby sis. I'm sure they will never see this picture. ahahah you rascal.
Are those peanut clusters sugar free and fat free? Well I can at least have the coffee. :)

michael ultra said...

What's all that wet stuff on your shirt? Beer? Too much celebration for sissy's Bday? Just curious.(maybe it's coffee!)

HermitJim said...

Hey Anon 4:25...
Thanks for the kind words this morning...and thanks for the visit!

Always good to have you drop by!


Hey China...
Good to see you, my friend!

I'll pass on the birthday greetings to sis!

Thanks for coming by, bro!


Hey Phyllis...
I'll let her know about your kind comments!

How about two helpings of the candy?

Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey Momlady...
I sure do appreciate your good wishes to Baby Sis.

You have a great day, my friend, and thanks for coming over!


Hey Ben...
I'm sure she will appreciate that thought, buddy!

Hey, you know I always am glad to have you stop by!


Hey Dizzy...
You know, I've been telling them that I am the best looking brother for a long time now! Hard to get them to agree!

Sure do thank you for the visit today!


Hey JoJo...
Sorry, but I think the clusters are loaded with all the fattening stuff!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!


Hey Michael...
That wet stuff comes from being on the losing end of a water gun fight with the youngsters...which isn't really fair!

After all, I'm a much bigger target than they are, so I'm easier to hit!

In my drinking days, I would have NEVER spilled that much beer!

Thanks for dropping by this morning!

treesong said...

Hermit you are as handsome now as you were then & those sisters and mom are one fortunate group of ladies. Fun loving too by the sounds of it. Happy Birthday to your sis & please eat a peanut cluster for me or ask me for my address!

HermitJim said...

Hey Treesong...
I have to tell you that flattery will get you ANYWHERE!

I appreciate the nice comments about the family and especially for the visit today!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Happy Birthday "Baby Sis." Hope ya had a real good one. The guy in the photo is almost a spittin image of the little carved statue that I see everytime I come here and check things out. I see some similarities anyway. Pretty good looking bunch if you ask me.