Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Some Things To Consider...!

Things are starting out pretty crazy this year.

I was hoping for a more productive and improved 2012, but you just never know! I did find a few points to be remembered this year, though. I figured I would share them with you!

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

2. Nothing stinks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.

3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.

5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

6. Was learning cursive really necessary?

7. MapQuest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.

8. Bad decisions make good stories.

9. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

10. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blu-ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection ... again.

11. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my 10-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.

12. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.

13. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.

14. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile
because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?

15. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.

16. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone and pinning the tail on the donkey --but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.

I'm thinking I need some more coffee this morning, ya think? It's trying to rain this morning, so we'll have to stay inside.

Fresh coffee in the kitchen, OK?

22 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom!

MFEO2009 said...

#8 is sad, but true!! :)

Judy said...

I really identify with some of them, particularly #s 8 and 13.

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
More than happy to share them with you, my friend!

Thanks so much for dropping by today!


Hey Little Life...
Glad to see you this morning!

Boy, ain't it the truth? Making good use of this one seems to be a past time of mine!

I sure do thank you for coming by today!

HermitJim said...

Hey Judy...
I know exactly what you mean, my good friend!

Big hugs to you for coming over this morning!

Mystic Mud said...

Awesome list!!! All true, and if you find out the answer to #14 - post it here, because I'd really like to know.

HermitJim said...

Hey Mystic Mud...
It only gets worse as you get older! At least, it seems that way to me!

Proud of the progress you are making there! Keep up the good work!

Thanks so much for coming by today!

chinasyndrome said...

All True!

China
III

Ben in Texas said...

Again!! words of Wisdom from Professor Hermit!!

I totally concur with

1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.

8. Bad decisions make good stories.

And that best friend should also clear you phone outgoing call log.
:-)

Phelan said...

oh wow, too many I relate with. lol!

Coffee in the kitchen sounds great.

Rob said...

Another great posting and hot coffee to start the day.
By the way what brand of coffee do you drink?? Currently I drink Maxwell House Breakfast Blend have for the last few months. Had been drinking Folgers, but Maxwell has been lower in price.

linda m said...

Absolutely awesome - those were great and so true. Cold here so coffee inside this morning. Thanks for making me smile this morning.

JO said...

These are great and I can fold a fitted sheet, when they first came out they had directions in the pkg. Of course now some have that darn elastic all the way around makes it harder.
Coffee in the kitchen sounds good it turned cold here again 32 right now.

Dizzy-Dick said...

I relate to all of them, especially No. 14. With my hearing aids, I can hear a pin drop at 20 paces, but can't understand a single word said by the younger generation.

HermitJim said...

Hey China...
Almost as if it were written for me, ya know?

Thanks, my friend, for coming over to visit!


Hey Ben...
Guess I forgot to put that one on the list!

The same ones apply to several of us more than others!.

Thanks, buddy, for coming over this morning!


Hey Phelan...
Don't feel bad! They apply equally to so many of us!

Besides, we earned it!

Thanks for joining in at the table this morning!


Hey Rob...
I find myself being drawn back to Folger's or Maxwell House...but if I spot a really good deal on some house brands, I get it!

Maxwell House used to have the second largest processing plant in the U.S.A. right here in Houston, but sold the building!

Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Linda...
Anytime I can help bring a smile, I'm happy!

Always happy to have you drop by for a cup!


Hey JoJo...
See? you'd be handy to have as a neighbor!

Back to Spring weather here! High 70's and thunderstorm in progress! Plenty of rain right now!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by for a visit!

HermitJim said...

Hey Dizzy...
Almost like they are speaking a foreign language, isn't it?

My thanks to you, sir, for stopping in this morning!

TROUBLEnTX said...

A little old lady showed me how to fold a fitted sheet, while i was doing home health care. And they are debating on not teaching cursive any more.

Sixbears said...

Good ones! I started the day by breaking the coffee pot. Good thing I have backup, otherwise the whole day would have been a waste.

Anonymous said...

#5 got me laughing especially hard, I just roll the corners and wait for wife to give me 'constructive criticism' about it. Who care's anyway, 75% of it is hidden anyway . . .

some very good one's there - thanks HermitJim!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laugh :-) I especially like number 2 and 14 :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

Mayberry said...

Thanks for the chuckle Jim : )

Ken said...

...i needed that laff...Thanx Jim