Saturday, January 28, 2012

Not A Pretty Sight...!

Ready for some really strange plant pictures to go with your breakfast?

This is one strange looking plant, being both pretty and ugly at the same time! Mother Nature is a master at this sort of handiwork! Let me introduce you to...

Bleeding Tooth Fungus

The bleeding tooth fungus looks kind of like a wad of chewing gum that leaks blood like a rejected prop from The Shining.


They're also called the strawberries and cream, the red-juice tooth, and the devil's tooth. Whoever is in charge of naming scary bullshit seems really insistent that this thing looks like a tooth, while mostly skirting over the fact that it freaking sweats blood.


Oh, and they are listed as "inedible," which implies that someone attempted to eat one at some point. On the other hand, the bloodlike substance has anticoagulant and antibacterial properties. It's nature's next penicillin! All you have to do is lick it. Go ahead.


Read more: 10 Creepy Plants That Shouldn't Exist | Cracked.com http://www.cracked.com/article_18979_10-creepy-plants-that-shouldnt-exist.html#ixzz1kila04dx

I'm all in favor of some fresh coffee in the kitchen this morning. Got some home made fried pies with apple butter!

16 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

You ain't foolin' me! You got that in a cup down at the Ice-Cream Barn!

HermitJim said...

Hey Gorges...
It does almost look good enough to eat, except that it does look like it's bleeding!

Sure are some strange things in this old world!

Thanks for coming by today!

Anonymous said...

But it is sort of cool looking too :-) I always get surprised that they actually try to eat something looking like that :-) :-) But if we didn't have people like that we would most probably not have coffee :-) We really should thank those nut heads :-) :-)

Have a great day!
Christer.

The Griper said...

have to say it made me hunger for my favorite childhood sundae

Rob said...

I guess I won't eat food this morning

Momlady said...

Ewwww.

johnnyb said...

Have to be real hungry!

HermitJim said...

Hey Christer...
Last thing we need is more folks that like coffee! Won't be long until there isn't enough to go around!

I don't think I would eat this thing!

Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!


Hey Griper...
Guess that's why I like chocolate. It hides everything!

It almost looks like jelly coming out of there, doesn't it?

I sure do appreciate you coming by today!


Hey Rob...
Sorry to put you off your feed! I couldn't help but stare at it myself!

Thanks for dropping in today!


Hey Momlady...
Sure you don't have some of these down by your pond?

I can only imagine how it would feel if you stepped on one!

Thanks for coming over this morning!


Hey John...
Yeah...me too!

Wonder just what it smells like?

Thanks for the visit today!

Sixbears said...

Nature is full of little jokes like that.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
That she is, my friend! That she is!

Getting in some serious sailing time? Sure looks like you and the missus are having fun!

Thanks, buddy, for coming by today!

JO said...

I don't know why they call tooth anything it doesn't look like one. But it is interesting. It does look like a blob of ice cream with cherry syup on it.
But I will stick with the coffee and fried pies with you instead. That could be just as interesting since I don't know what a fried pie is.

HermitJim said...

Hey JoJo...
I'll bet you have had one, but you probably knew it as a turnover!

Circle of dough, half filled with your stuffing of choice, folded over and then lightly fried!

Sound familiar? Thanks, sweetie, for coming by this morning!

tffnguy said...

Doubt that I have to worry about finding any of that down here. It is very interesting looking though.

Mayberry said...

Mother nature has a sense of humor : )

Ben in Texas said...

The first person to eat that HAS to be related to the first person who ate the first raw oyster!!!

They must have been dammed hungry is all I can think.
I ain't touching it!!

Leon said...

Create a Fax Cover Sheet in Word Computor Companion Smart. A nicely designed fax cover sheet enhances your business image. to set off the logo and address from the rest of the form. 4. Create a title and a table. Most fax cover. How Can I Get to the Blank Fax Coversheet Within Microsoft Word. How Can I Get to the Blank Fax Coversheet Within Microsoft Word?. Gone are the days of photocopying blank fax cover sheets that you have to fill out before faxing. Word offers. Fax Cover Sheet Printable Calendars, Greeting cards, signs. Fax Cover Sheet, add text & print. All fields must have an entry (we've provided a blank space as default TENNESSEE COURTS UNIFORM FACSIMILE FILING COVER SHEET. TENNESSEE COURTS UNIFORM FACSIMILE FILING COVER SHEET TO: Davidson County Chancery Court Clerk CLERK'S FAX NUMBER: 862-5722 CASE NAME