Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Warehouse Of Useless Information...!

Sometimes I worry that I might be a little disturbed.

That's alright, though, because others have been thinking that same thing for years! I have often said that I am a vast warehouse of almost useless information, and here are some of those facts to prove my case!

You might know some of these (I did), but others you may not have heard of until now! See? I can be of some use...some of the time!

A group of unicorns is called a blessing.

Twelve or more cows are known as a "flink."

A group of frogs is called an army.

A group of rhinos is called a crash.

A group of kangaroos is called a mob.

A group of whales is called a pod.

A group of geese is called a gaggle.

A group of ravens is called a murder.

A group of officers is called a mess.

A group of larks is called an exaltation.

A group of owls is called a parliament.


After reading this list, I have to wonder if some of these group names came about because of how the group acted, ya know?

I also wonder if the owls resent their particular group being named after a part of the government! Could be that's the reason they stay pretty much out of sight during the day!

Just a thought!

Coffee inside today! It's supposed to rain, so I'm thinking a pot of chili might be just the thing!

9 comments:

Sixbears said...

We need a name for a group of bloggers. A "blob?"

Coffee with my dad this morning. Still hanging in FL. Glad I brought my coffee roaster with me.

JO said...

HHmmmm don't quite know what to say about all this. So lets have some coffee and think on these what ever they are called. haha.
Chili sounds good to.

Bob from Athens said...

Good luck on getting Texas ranchers to start telling everybody about the size of their flink.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
I like that name for bloggers! Might just catch on!

Nothing like having your own coffee at someone else's place when you're visiting!

Enjoy the visit, and thanks for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
Didn't mean to start the day with this much to try and understand. Like I said, almost useless information...unless you might need this for working crossword puzzles!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!


Hey Bob...
I reckon if you walked up to most ranchers and asked "how's your flink?" you might get a punch in the nose!

At the very least, folks would look at you funny!

Thanks for dropping by today!

TROUBLEnTX said...

Check out what babies are called, thru out nature. As interesting as this, lol.

Dizzy-Dick said...

Since a group of officers is called a mess, then the officers mess would be called mess's mess.

HermitJim said...

Hey Trouble...
Thanks...I'll have to look that up!

Thanks for coming by today!


Hey Dizzy...
Now that you mention it, I guess you're right!

Confusing, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

you forgot,
a group of baboons are called a
"congress"

Anonymous said...

a group of leopards is called a leap.
A leap of leopards. leapin' leopards!

Annie Mouse