Saturday, December 20, 2008

Family Coming...Hide The Food !

Just kidding, just kidding!

Although I have to admit that my family does like to eat! I'm only saddened by the fact that my Sis "B" won't be here. My little Sis will be, though.

All the women in my family are really good cooks, including my Mom. Come to think about it, I'm not half bad! I think one of the things that make my family so good in the kitchen...is being creative.

We have never been rich, but have never considered ourselves poor either. We have at times eaten the same things fairly regularly, but using a large amount of creativity we always enjoyed the meals. Seems to me I remember many times as a kid, my friends or my sister's friends would join us for a meal. I don't remember them ever complaining either!

We didn't have a lot of rules at meal time except just the basic ones. You had to eat what was on your plate, we all sat down together for meals like supper, you asked to be excused when you were finished, and no acting up at the table!

Anyway, lots of food will be here. I made the fudge I was telling you about and it turned out great! (I knew it would...!)

Well, I'm cutting it short today as I told my Mom I would vacuum her rug for her. So before I get started, how about a fresh cup of coffee?

9 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

Amen, Uncle!

[And the fudge WAS great-- I suggest to anyone trying the recipe, double up on the vanilla!!!]
Only saddened that there was no recipe forthcoming from The Hermit today... :(
Guess I'll have to settle on "copy & paste" to the waist versus to the hard drive! HA!
Saddened, too, that 'Aunt B.' (fondly known to me as MOM)-- and my two nieces-- won't be here. In spirit and prayer they certainly won't be absent... and it's said that it is the though that counts.
I'll still miss their physical presence, but will be with them this, and many more, to come. (read it as threat OR promise, family... it'll be! :p )
By the way, Hermit-- "I KNOW WHERE THE FOOD IS HID! I KNOW WHERE THE FOOD IS HID!"
Be out there when i need that every-day promise of a cuppa...

And some Shadow lovin'...

Cygnus

HermitJim said...

Hey Cygnus...dang, I KNEW I should have chosen a better hiding place!

Thanks for dropping by and don't worry...we'll get through the day ok!

Lydia said...

Hey Jim, Enjoy your family today!! I don't think you're going to hide any food, your sis is bringing you your favorites..was peanut butter cookies one of them....I thought I read that the other day. ;)

Have a wonderful time today!
lydia

Fudge? What did I miss??

HermitJim said...

Hey Lydia...since the relatives are bringing most of the food, I won't be hiding anything.

The fudge was just mentioned in passing on another post. Only problem with it is that it is soooo rich!

Thanks for the visit! Have a good day!

The Scavenger said...

Don't make them any of the good bread or they will never leave. hehehehe!!!!!!


Chris

HermitJim said...

Hey Chris...thanks for the visit. I guess I'll be forced to give out the good bread...maybe if I give it to 'em, they'll leave sooner so they don't have to split it with all the rest of us.

Good to see ya today!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

My sincere apologies to SMOKEY, whom from day one i have insisted on renaming Shadow. Though come to think, sneakin' out for "smokey" lovin' don't sound any less seedy than the "shadow" variety... :\

Cygnus

Anonymous said...

lol My family does the same thing. Both my Air Force boys will be in for Christmas and the first question oldest asked was 'is mom cooking?' silly boy...did he think I wouldn't? lol

HermitJim said...

Hey Stephanie...Something about thinking of Mom's home cooking makes a faraway boy's tummy rumble. I know it did mine when I was in the Air Force (seems like a hundred years ago).

Have a great visit...and thanks for stopping by!