Monday, October 1, 2012

Good Monday Mystery...!

Today is the first day of October, so it's time for a great Monday mystery!

I swear that I can't keep up with how fast the time gets away from me. I'm not quite sure where September went, but gone it is! Let's hope that I can get a better handle on how fast my time is passing!

Hopefully this little mystery will slow things down a tad, ya know?

Angel Hair



 Angel Hair is a rare phenomenon that has so far defied explanation. It is made up of silken threads that rain down on to the earth, but reach out to touch it and it will almost certainly vanish before your eyes. It is a world wide phenomenon with the most regular occurrences from North America, New Zealand, Australia, and western Europe. There is no known proof for what causes this substance, or even what it is made up of. Speculations are that it has come from Spiders or another type of silk-spinning insect, and even UFO’s as it has often been associated with UFO sightings. Because of its sensitive nature, it has been difficult to collect, and to analyse as it is subject to contamination from car exhaust fumes, and even human contact, which could skew the chemical results.

The rain has been coming around daily and the temps have dropped a bit, so it's coffee in the kitchen this morning. That OK?

7 comments:

Sixbears said...

That's a new one on me Hermit. I love these mysteries. keep 'em coming.

Just got back from walking the dog in the rain. Keeping the kettle on the woodstove today.

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Hmmm, interesting. Have never seen it. Still chilly this morning. We had two hail storms yesterday afternoon. Coffee in the kitchen is fine - how about I borrow your stove and make french toast for all?

linda m said...

This is anew one for me - how weird. Cloudy here today and cold this morning. Love having coffee in the kitchen - just like my Mom's house.

Momlady said...

Very interesting. Raining here, too. Did get to see the Mary Maxwell invocation this morning. Maybe there were too many people trying to watch it yesterday while I tried. Thanks for the laugh. Coffee sounds good....so does French toast.

JO said...

This is indeed interesting. I wonder if they will ever be able to keep one from vanishing. And maybe it doesn't need explaining.

40 here this morning. Need to start getting ready to head down.
But nice hot coffee in your kitchen sounds better.

HermitJim said...

Hey Sixbears...
I'll certainly do what I can!

Having a wood burning stove in this kind of weather sounds very soothing! Keeping the kettle on top makes sense to me!

Thanks, my friend, for coming over today!


Hey Phyllis...
Two hail storms in one day seems like a lot to me!

Boy, that french toast sounds good. I haven't had any in quite a while!

Thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey Linda...
Many memories of the grown-ups sitting around the kitchen table, drinking coffee and talking! Boy, what a flood of memories that brings back!

Good day for staying in and remembering, I think!

Many thanks for dropping by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
Glad you finally got to see it! Strikes a chord with some of us.

Getting plenty of rain up your way this season, huh?

Sure do thank you for coming by today!


Hey JoJo...
I know you want to be gone before the first snow, so you might have to get ready fast!

Guess Fall is here for many of us!

Thanks, sweetie, for dropping in today!

Bob Mc said...

I've never seen it, but then I've never seen a UFO either. :)