Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Some Good News About Sears...!

I will be the first to admit that I had no idea about this information.

My baby Sis sent me this and, with the approaching holidays, I thought you might like to know it as well!


Sears - Christmas shopping this year.

I know I needed this reminder, since Sears isn't always my first choice. It's amazing when you think of how long the war has lasted and Sears hasn't withdrawn from their commitment. Could we each buy at least one thing at Sears this year?
What commitment you say?
How does Sears treat its employees who are serving in our military? By law , they are required to hold their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being on active duty.
Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all employees who are serving.

I submit that Sears is an exemplary corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution. I suggest we all shop at Sears at least once this year. Be sure to find a manager to tell them why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement & feedback it well deserves.

Pass it on.

I decided to check this before I sent it forward. So I sent the following e-mail to the Sears Customer Service Department:

I received this e-mail and I would like to know if it is true. If it is, the internet may have just become one very good source of advertisement for your company. I know I would go out of my way to buy products from Sears instead of another store for a like item, even if it's cheaper at that store.

This is their answer to my e-mail:

Dear Customer:
Thank you for contacting Sears. The information is factual. We appreciate your positive feedback. Sears regards service to our country as one of greatest sacrifices our men and women can make. This is the " least" we can do for them.
We are happy to do our part to lessen the burden they bear at this time.

Bill Thorn
Sears Customer Care

Please pass this on . Sears needs to be recognized for this outstanding contribution and we need to show them as Americans, we do appreciate what they are doing for our Military!!!

It's verified! By: http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

It's always nice to find out that some of the larger retailers are not all about the money from time to time, don't you think?

Coffee on the patio this morning. I'll set out some brownies to share!


10 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

It's sad that more stores don't follow in their footsteps. We don't have a big Sears store nearby except for a Sears Hardware store. Guess I could always use another screwdriver!
Patio, coffee, brownies, Mr. Hermit and good friends - what could be better?

Sixbears said...

I'm glad that policy is there. Only wish the people at the local store weren't so rude and the service so poor. Maybe then I'd give them some business.

Could be a local problem -I hope.

Momlady said...

Since K-Mart is owned by Sears, does that mean the same policy applies? If so, I'll shop at our local K-Mart since Sears is 45 minutes away.

JaneofVirginia said...

Although Sears is a great distance from me, when I can I shop there. Their Craftsman tools are really quite good and a lot of their tools are American made, which means they last through my lifetime. They also have some excellent sales. They are a good outfit and always have been.

linda m said...

I usually end up shopping at Sears about once a year. They generally don't have what I am looking for. But after reading this I will try harder to shop there. Kudos to Sears for supporting our men and women who are serving their Country.

Quixote Kid said...

Awesome, I already enjoy buying tools from Sears, now have another reason to appreciate Sears.

Thanks for sharing.

JO said...

This is really a nice practice from Sears. I am about due for a new dishwasher. And Sears it will be.

Thanks for the heads up on this and I will pass it along.
Pass the pot please another busy morning. I feel like I have gone back to work.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice policy. But I fear Sears lost my business years ago (about 22 of them) when a set of their tire chains were defective and flung apart damaging our car. That was bearable, but the Sears auto center manager calling my husband a liar when we reported it was NOT.

Anonymous said...

That is a nice policy. But I fear Sears lost my business years ago (about 22 of them) when a set of their tire chains were defective and flung apart damaging our car. That was bearable, but the Sears auto center manager calling my husband a liar when we reported it was NOT.

West Tx at Heart said...

I shop there regularly... often pitting Ace against them. With an extensive Military back ground I am suddenly very proud to be a supporter of them.