Saturday, October 13, 2012

Slightly Different Saturday Snacks...!

I thought I would find us a little different snack to have while watching the Saturday night movie!

Since the movie of choice for Saturday night will be a monster movie, it seems on right to have a monster of a snack! Sort of a "Frankensnack" if you will!

Actually, I found this recipe while browsing the web, and it was strange enough to share with all of you. Truth be told, it really doesn't sound all that bad! I might try it!

Here’s How to Make Corn Dog Brownies


October 12, 2012 // 12:04 pm // By: Becky McKay

You know how sometimes you are really into two different things, and you think putting them together is a great idea, but it’s really not? Pottery and break dancing. Kittens and hang gliding. Drinking and operating heavy machinery.

This is not one of those times.

You’re bonkers for brownies and crazy for corn dogs, so it’s only right that you put them together in one awesome dinner/dessert of epig (get it!?!?) proportions.



Corn Dog Brownies

Ingredients

2 boxes of your favorite brownie mix
4 eggs
2 sticks (16T) butter, melted
30 frozen mini corn dogs (They come in packs of 40. You know what to do with the rest.)

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9×13 pan with non-stick foil (or use sticky foil and grease it).
Mix brownie, eggs, and butter in the biggest bowl you own.
Chop corn dogs in half and stir into brownie batter.
Pour and smash the pork-laden batter into the foil-lined pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
Let cool for a long as you can stand it, cut, consume, and cry-gasm.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, these corn dogs taste like donuts….with pork in them. So yes, I think they taste great apart and great together, and I know you will too. (Especially if you add in your previously mentioned love of drinking.)

To be honest, I'd eat this...I think! BTW, this recipe came from right here!

Coffee on the patio this morning. Anyone want some brownies?

6 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Well, this is really different!
OK - I'm game to try a few.
Coffee is fine on your patio. It's only 25 here.... Brrrrr!

Momlady said...

Ummmmm, coffee yes, brownies no thank you (at least not the corndog ones).

JO said...

No Thank You and I eat just about anything. Coffee yes please.

Billy Bob said...

I'm with everbody else....ain't gonna eat it. Closest I ever come to that was bacon chocolate chip cookies.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
25? WOW! It's headed back up to the high 80s this morning.

I's send some sunshine and warm to ya if I could!

Let me know how you like those brownies, OK?

Thanks for dropping by today!


Hey Momlady...
I imagine they would not be acceptable for WW! Probably have more than just a few calories!

Thanks, my friend, for coming by today!


Hey Jo...
I'm surprised! I figured that you might want to take a chance on these rascals!

You have a great day, sweetie!


Hey Billy Bob...
Ya know, those cookies sound pretty good as well!

Thanks, my friend, for coming over today!

linda m said...

I'm sorry, but that is just wrong. One should not mix chocolate with hot dogs. One or the other is okay but definitely not together. Can you guess that I love chocolate, haha.