Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Smiles...!

Well, you know what Sunday means, right?

I realize that we have had a lot of Roadrunner cartoons lately, so I thought today we would change over to Tom and Jerry. These guys have been around for a very long time, and even at my age I enjoy them! Guess my "inner kid" is showing through!



Ya know, the way I see it is that having something like cartoons once in a while, is like taking a day off! Only thing, it's a day off that others can enjoy a little as well! Does that make any sense? I hope so!



Ya know, it's just a few weeks until all the year end fun begins! I'm talking Halloween, Mom's birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and somewhere in there...the election! Oh, and I almost forgot the end of the Mayan calender! Sounds like plenty of opportunity for some crazy times, doesn't it? Guess we all had better buckle up! Could be a rocky ride!

Let's have our coffee inside this morning. Should be a cold front moving in and I want to stay warm!

7 comments:

Phyllis (N/W Jersey) said...

Love those guys!
39 outside and expecting more rain later. Keep that coffee pot full - I'll bring some chocolate chip cookies. Don't forget to let us know all those important birthday dates!

JMD said...

Always appreciate "toon day" and most definitely this year has passed quickly. Looking forward to cooler weather since we about burnt up this summer!

johnnyb said...

Tom and Jerry---Those were and still are the days. Sometimes I still watch the Looney Tunes Cartoon show on the Cartoon Network. Still on in the afternoon here just like many years ago.

Coffee definitely inside this morning. Brass monkeys are screaming in pain.--johnnyb

JO said...

As always loved the tunes. I always look forward to Sunday's at your place. Well I guess I always look forward to mornings at your place.
Yes the year is winding down and the Birthdays here have already started.$$$ lol But the grands are getting to old for me.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
How can anyone not like Tom and Jerry?

Cookies would sure hit the spot this morning!

Thanks for coming over!


Hey JMD...
The cooler weather sure does feel good today! It's only 54 and it's after 10am, so that's unusual for us!

I'm liking this pretty well!

Thanks for coming over today!


Hey John...
Guess the 'toons help to remind us of simpler times!

Can't hurt to enjoy them from time to time, I'm thinking!

I share the pain of the cold "brass monkeys", that's for sure!

Thanks for the visit today!


Hey Jo...
I knew you would like 'em!

End of the season is sure on the way!I do know what you mean about the grands growing way too fast!

Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

JMD said...

HJ...Today's high is going to be 85...most welcome. The AC finally quit running nonstop. Maybe every dime won't go to the electric company this month! Woo Hoo

HermitJim said...

Hey JMD...
My AC is getting a well deserved rest today as well!

I am wearing a sweatshirt for the first time this year! I love it!

More money for food! Nice...!