Monday, July 7, 2008

We Have To Have Some Fun...!!

I know we are all in the money making business, but I think it's important that we remember to have a little fun along the way! Life can get in the way of making money, but money should never get in the way of living our life! By that I mean, mix a little fun into your daily routine from time to time. Don't make the mistake of getting in such a rut that you can't see over the sides of it.

Even Mother Nature puts a little play in all her animal creatures, but Man with all his knowledge has seen fit to almost make having fun a crime. If you look around you in most public places, I can guarantee you that you'll see more frowns than smiles. That, my friends, is just not acceptable! We have to figure out some way to change all that.

Now I have a suggestion as just how to do that. It's a simple solution to a seemingly complicated problem. Just smile! That's it! Just smile...smile at everyone starting with the most important person in this scenario! Yourself!

When you get started in the morning, start things off by smiling at yourself in the mirror. I'm serious, just smile at yourself. In fact, to really get off to a great start, smile as big as you can, make a silly face, smile and raise your eyebrows at the same time, maybe even hum a little tune! I think you'll be surprised at how much better you'll start to feel.

Now when you get to work or the store, or when you see the neighbor, mailman, yard man, meter guy anybody...share that same smile or goofy face (depending on how well you know the person you're sharing with) and see if it doesn't cause a domino effect around the whole environment. Very few things can be as catching as a smile, a laugh, or even a giggle. Don't believe me? Have you ever been in a place, like a theatre, where the audience started laughing? Did you try and NOT join in? Ever seen a baby or a child laughing at nothing at all and not been able to join in? No, I'll bet you haven't! It's catching, believe me.

Now to help you get this project off to a great start...I'll make a fresh pot of coffee! Want to join me?


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Big smile back at you , Bubba. It is true, though. I consider myself semi-expert on infant and toddler toys now and there are little toys called "Tickle Toes". Usually one squeezes the toes of these toys and one hears nothing but giggles. The babies usually start laughing which begins a domino effect...Grammie laughs, ma-ma, Daddy etc...!

HermitJim said...

hey Sis...won't do ya any good to hide cause I can still guess who ya are! Maybe it was the Bubba that gave it away!

Never heard of the "Tickle Toes" but it sounds like something I should get and keep on my desk...maybe we all should!

Cat Melton said...

Thanks for the lift, my smiling friend!!! Love the video.

I work at a store that carries the Tickle Toes critters, and it is so much fun to "accidentally" squeeze those toes when you are stocking the shelf...the person in the next aisle over usually "catches" the giggles, too...

Have a good one,
Cat >^..^<

HermitJim said...

Hey Cat...I used to work at Wal-Mart and I know what you mean about "accidently" playing with all the toys. But that's half the fun...playing with the toys in life, right?

You might even say...when we forget to play, we forget how to really live! Just my opinion...

thanks for dropping by!