Monday, May 6, 2013

A Little Presidential Precognition...!

Sometimes we all get feelings that are hard to describe, even the presidents!

Somehow it's comforting to know that presidents, at least the PAST presidents, had some of the same feelings as the average folks! Makes them seem a little more like the common man, ya know? I doubt that we could say the same thing today. What say that we take a look at one of these particular feelings experienced by late presidents.

Precognition of American Presidents



Precognition—including the vague sense of impending doom—is an unexplained phenomenon whereby events are seen before their time. Eerily, Abraham Lincoln reported a dream in which he had seen his own dead body. Only days later, he was fatally shot.

Quantum theorists studying the fourth dimension propose that time can bend, allowing us to glimpse the future. Limiting ourselves to American Presidents alone, we find that John Garfield and William McKinley also “previewed” their own deaths. In a related—albeit slightly different—case of extrasensory perception, John Adams’ last words the moment before he died were simply “Thomas Jefferson.” It was unknown to him, but hours before, his great political rival had indeed passed away…

The feelings or premonitions that we get may be a common thread among all of us, but it would be interesting to know just what causes them, don't you think? I personally don't think that I want to know the future, but I do feel that we should pay attention to all of those little warning bells that occasionally go off in our head. Those feelings are there for a reason, at least in my opinion!

Coffee out on the patio this morning. I think the Spring type weather is back for a while!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Whit all due respect you do know what the future holds for you.when it's all said and done your going to die.

HermitJim said...

Hey Stick...
That's true, but I just don't think I want to know when!

Thanks for coming over!

Chickenmom said...

We all have to kick the bucket, but I really don't want to know when it finally tips over! To celebrate that we are still here, I'll bring a cheesecake for all to share.

Phyllis(N/W Jersey)

Momlady said...

Although we may "know" something, whether good or bad, we can't change it. Or can we?

JO said...

I've heard and read some about this, very interesting stuff. But like you I don't need to know when.

I'm glad you warming up as long as it isn't to fast. We may be in for low temps this week.

Will be happy to share a cup on the patio.

Baby Sis said...

Bubba -
I'm with you ~ we know we gotta go, just don't want to know when it's my time. If I could know that all my kids would be safe and happy, that would be worth it, but then again, would I really want to know if the answer were going to be "no"? Probably not...

Big hugs - see you Sunday!

Caddie said...

No doubt, each of us has this sixth sense, yet too busy using the other five, thereby ignoring this ability of precognition, premonitions, remote viewing etc., sometimes to our own detriment. I try to pay attention to my 6th sense. Yet others may think we are nuts, "Woo Woo". Awareness is a great key of living. Duke University in North Carolina knows all about these phenomena. Fascinating to say the least. You give us so much to ponder on, Hermit. I appreciate you.

Dizzy-Dick said...

When a friend of ours was going to take a small plane for a trip my wife had the premonition that it was going to catch fire. She called him and he double checked and sure enough, someone had left a rag in the engine compartment and it would have surely caused a fire in flight.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
I'll certainly have a BIG slice of the cheesecake!

Thanks for coming over today!



Hey Momlady...
Now that is a question worth pondering!

Thanks for the visit today!



Hey Jo...
I reckon that in this case, ignorance really is bliss!

Thanks, sweetie, for dropping by today!



Hey Sis...
I guess that somethings are best left to God. I want to be dumb and happy in this aspect.

Thanks for coming over!



Hey Sissy...
What's a day without a few things to ponder? Keeps our minds a tad sharper!

Many thanks for coming by this morning!



Hey Dizzy...
That makes you all the more aware of those feelings, doesn't it?

Glad it all worked out !

Thanks for coming over today!

Syrbal/Labrys said...

That's why I hate those warning bells...the mad rush to find a way to change something you fear is happening.


If it were only my own demise, I think I'd just pop a champagne cork...