Sunday, May 26, 2013

Oldies But Goodies...!

Some of you may remember these two characters from the "old" days. We don't see much of them as much as we used to, but thanks to YouTube we can still see them!

These guys were popular a very long time ago, but showed up today just for our enjoyment.



I would say that the 40s and the 50s were the heydays for cartoons. Just my opinion!



Brings back a lot of memories of Saturday mornings, doesn't it? Not to mention the movie matinees!



Well, let's stop watching the 'toons and switch to nap time! The kitties will join us, I'm sure!

Coffee in the kitchen this morning. Chocolate cake with chocolate icing for all!

4 comments:

Chickenmom said...

The old 'toons were the best. I loved Heckle and Jeckle and Woody Woodpecker was a favorite, too.
Save me a big slice of that chocolate cake!

JO said...

My goodness is it Sunday already? Yes those are oldies for sure.

I'll take a refill please and a piece of that cake for sure.

HermitJim said...

Hey Phyllis...
I agree about the early 'toons. I have no idea who some of the modern characters even are! Don't want to, either!

Thanks for coming over today!



Hey Jo...
Yep, it's Sunday! Just like me, these are pretty old!

Cake and coffee coming up! Thanks, sweetie, for coming by today!

Unknown said...

I agree, Jim, the 40's and 50's were the best eras for toons. I can't watch the new cartoons at all. But the animated movies like Shrek, Ice Age and How To Train Your Dragon do keep my attention.