Monday, March 31, 2008

Accepting Accountability...

I was reading an interesting article pertaining to the Law of Attraction that started me thinking. I am sure that all of us have asked ourselves some of the same questions about why certain things happen. By the same token, I'll be willing to bet that we all have different thoughts as to why things are as they are...I want you to read this article and maybe you will understand what I'm talking about! It's well written and explains it better than I could, ok?

" Even the very word accountability can make the hair stand up on the back of your neck!

Often the word accountability is used in a scolding manner such as “You’re not very accountable!” As a certified NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) practitioner, I’ve learned about the impact of words and I particularly like reframing a words meaning. By reframing I mean to look at a word and its meaning from a different point of view. Consider the following reframe of the word accountability.

The word accountability has two words buried within it – the word account and the word ability. Here is a different definition for the word accountability -

“Accountability: my ability to account for why I’m attracting what I’m attracting”.

Have you noticed when people attract something wonderful into their life they like to brag and celebrate it, and will often say “I attracted this!”; “This is here because of me!”; “I put it out to the Universe, that’s why it’s here”; “I’m an awesome attractor”; “My parking angel brought me this parking spot”. In all of these cases we do have the ability to account for why we attracted it.

Now let’s consider the folks who attract negative or unwanted things to their lives. Here’s what they say. “Why is the Universe doing this to me?”; “This is not my fault!”; “I don’t deserve this”; “Why me?”

When it comes to attracting negative experiences some people tend to no longer have the ability to account for why they attracted it, yet the reason is the same. They attracted it because they vibrated it!

Often people will ask me “How do I know that I’m getting this Law of Attraction stuff?” My response is “You know when you take full accountability for everything you attract, both the negative and positive!” You don’t have to like it – you just have to own it. So, starting today, when you notice you’ve attracted something you don’t like, you can be more curious about it and say “I must have been offering a negative vibration that caused me to attract this negative experience”, thus having a different emotional response to what you’ve just attracted. Play with this concept today and acknowledge that everything you’ve been attracting is a direct result of the vibration that you’ve been sending. "
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Losier, a Law of Attraction Trainer and author, supports people in understanding and practicing the Art of Deliberate Attraction, so they can have more of what they want and less of what they don't. Michael has been applying the principles of Law of Attraction for many years and enjoys a wonderful and rewarding life in the city of Victoria, BC, Canada. He facilitates a number of in-person Law of Attraction seminars as well as Teleseminars to a worldwide audience.


Now do you see what I was talking about? Makes you stop and think, huh? I have an idea...why don't we have some fresh coffee and discuss this concept? C'mon, join me in a cup...!

3 comments:

dchealer said...

Hermit, great post about accountability. and the law of attraction. The thing about a "law" is that it is operating whether we are aware of it or not, and most often we are not conscience of it's presence. So, your reminding me of this law makes my sense of accountability return to a conscience level and I can fine tune my focus to allow the forces in play to be positive, abundant and joyful.
Thank you for the post, I enjoy your Coffee Chat, I found you through Blondie, who I found trough JS. Keep up the good work.
Dr. Paul

HermitJim said...

Dr. Paul...Thanks for dropping by and for the comment. I was introduced to the Laws of Attraction through JS' article one day about manifesting. Since reading that and through a little research, I have found more and more that the principles, when applied, work wonders. I intend to expand my knowledge on this as much as possible and hope to introduce the concept to as many as possible. Glad you enjoyed it.
Jim

dchealer said...

Hermit, Thank you for the kind words in your email back to me. Talk
about a "coincident" (um...there are no such things) I receive a daily
motivation from Bob Proctor, Insight Of The Day, it's about the exact same subject. I think the universe is
desperately trying to get my attention. :)
If your interested this is the link, I think it opens in Yahoo, I don't know how to send it otherwise:
http://us.f528.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter?MsgId=1440_3776202_937712_1795_3527_0_140788_11240_646809818&Idx=0&YY=93800&y5beta=yes&y5beta=yes&inc=25&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b&box=Inbox