Friday, March 21, 2008

Coffee Thoughts For Today...!

While waiting for the coffee pot to brew a fresh batch, I ran across an interesting article on the benefits of caffeine that I wanted to pass on to you...it's from Parade magazine out of the Houston paper and the following is an excerpt from said article.

"A study from SUNY Downstate Medical Center found that seniors with normal blood pressure who drink four or more cups of coffee a day are less likely to die from heart disease. Caffeine is presumed to be protective by preventing the drop in blood pressure that often occurs in older folks after they eat. You can get the same benefit from any source of caffeine, including tea, cola or chocolate. But caffeine won't help if you have high blood pressure. "

How about that? Three of my favorite foods are actually GOOD for me! Just confirms what I've always known, but couldn't prove (until now!). I just Love it when something good comes along to share my morning coffee, don't you?

I'll be back later and we can plan an Easter Egg Hunt!

Want some fresh coffee...? It's good for ya...! Really!

No comments: