Tuesday, July 17, 2018

One Bad Goose...!

Anyone that has been chased by a goose knows just how scary this fowl can be. Now imagine that nightmare made BIG!

Garganornis
The Big Angry Goose That Used Its Wings To Fight



Photo credit: blogs.plos.org

In ancient Italy, there was once a giant goose called the Garganornis ballmanni—and if you’ve ever been chased by a modern goose, you’ll understand why this was a creature worth being afraid of.
The Garganornis was a 23-kilogram (50 lb) beast with massive wings that it used to beat up other animals rather than to fly. Its wings were full of sharp, bony knobs that were specially designed to slap other animals in the face.

Garganornis didn’t necessarily go out looking for fights. It was a flightless herbivore that spent most of its time looking for plants to eat on dry land. While doing so, it might be attacked by some predatory bird that would swoop down and try to eat Garganornis. Probably the only meal found by the attacker was a hard knuckle sandwich from the Garganornis’s massive, bony wings.


One more good article from Listverse. I know I don't want this crazy goose after me...and that's the truth.

Coffee in the kitchen due to the heat.

7 comments:

Mamahen said...

Oh my, my phobia of birds would have kicked in just looking at this creature! See you in the kitchen. No birds please:))

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Must have been a fearsome sight for sure!
Thanks for stopping by this morning!

Anonymous said...

It was something different to know about the goose. It looks calm...

linda m said...

I have been chased by an angry goose. This one is worthy of avoiding at any cost.

Momlady said...

I am not fond of geese, except to eat...maybe.

HermitJim said...

Hey WW...
I reckon that looks can be deceiving, don't you think?
Thanks for the visit this morning!


Hey Linda...
Good thing they are extinct now. I don't want to have to worry about one chasing me.
Thanks for stopping by this morning!


Hey Momlady...
I can only imagine the drumstick on this bad boy!
Thank you so much for coming over this morning!

JO said...

That is something you wouldn't want around today at parks with ponds.

I'll enjoy the kitchen with everyone. The temps here aren't bad until the humidity matches and it is matching right now.