Sunday, December 15, 2013

Cartoon Sunday again...!

I know everyone looks forward to cartoon Sunday! I always have a lot of fun just previewing them! Don't want to put any "X" rated stuff on here, ya know?

Some 'toons that are a little different today! Change isn't always a bad thing!



I like it when I find some of these off beat 'toons. Sorta makes for a nice change of pace!



Just pretty close to the farm yard I would imagine! Pretty well done considering when it was made, wouldn't you agree?



I do like a story with a happy ending, don't you? In this day and age, we need more of 'em!

I guess it isn't too early to do one with ol' St. Nick, is it?



Oh, what a simpler and happier time it was back then! The holidays actually were fun back when I was a kid. Still, my biggest kick out of Christmas time is to watch the faces of the little ones! Mom really loves Christmas, so watching her face at the family get-together is reason enough to celebrate, I reckon!

One more reason to celebrate is my good friend Linda, from Georgia, sent me a care package! Man, that lady can bake! Thanks, Linda!

Coffee out on the patio this morning! I'll even share some of my homemade goodies with ya! Pretty good stuff, I'd say!

5 comments:

JO said...

Thank you for the oldies. These must really old I don't remember them or maybe I just never saw them.

Yes Christmas a child was so wonderful and different from today. We didn't have a tree until Christmas Eve after we went to sleep and Santa came. And Stores didn't decorate until Thanksgiving. Now it seems like Thanksgiving doesn't even count.
Very nice of Linda to send you a pkg. I'll join you on the patio I'll bring some fresh ground coffee.

Chickenmom said...

You outdid yourself today, Mr. Hermit.
thanks for the lovely early old fashioned Christmas cartoons. Bought back a lot of nice memories! Holiday care packages are wonderful to receive!
Baked goods and good coffee with friends is the perfect way to start the day!

HermitJim said...

Hey Jo...
These were made in the 30s, so I wouldn't expect you to know them!

Different world we live in now days!

Thanks for coming over this morning, sweetie!



Hey Phyllis...
I'm glad you liked the 'toons today! Memories of those days can be fun!

Thanks for dropping by this morning!

Mamahen said...

Having trouble commenting....ty for the wonderful trip down memory lane love revisiting the simpler times.....and for sharring the home made goodies!

HermitJim said...

Hey Mamahen...
Seems that Blogger is giving a lot of folks trouble as of late!

Glad that you made it through and that you could come by today!